Newbie greetings from Brazil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I'm from Brazil and love Land Cruisers. I have a BJ-40 ( Bandeirante ), a BJ73, a FJ Cruiser and a Prado.
I like to overland a lot through the lots of trails and dirty roads of Brazil.
I use to find usefull info here in the forum for my resorations and repairs.
I also coul help if I can.

Cheers from Brazil

Carlos

Welcome. Another BJ73 in the crew, great.
But with that great garage and that nice vicinity you made us all curious for pics 📸
Cheers Ralf

I'm finishing the BJ40 restoration, and will start the BJ73 restoration next week.

tempImagermI7On.png

tempImagepUZBAt.png

tempImageYOUGbv.png

tempImageFgn3HE.png

I saw. Twins separated at birth! :) The paint is not that good so I will repaint the sides and the hood. Also I will change the fiberglass roof color to silver or white ( I don't know wich is original ) and replace the wheels with steel ones ( painted white or silver also ) and tires to 33x10.5. I have also to repair the exaust pipes/muffler and review the electric system ( remove some extra wires that were installed over the years to connect auxiliary beams and accessories ). I would like to return her to original.
Cool 😎, the BJ73 is a brother in color of mine. Looks great. What needs to be done on her?

Nice. What year & engine? Mine is 1985, 3B. So, mechanically not too bad, other than some refurbishment on the electrics.
My paint job is also not good and I have the exact same idea on the FRP top. All same color is a bit boring. A silver-gray looks awesome, but I think white would be original.
I have limited budget, though. And a bad paint job makes me be less concerned when going offroad.
What's the original color code you are going for on the body of yours?
Cheers Ralf

Hello,

Impressive.

Your 73 Series is a rarity in your neck of the woods. I understand very few 70 Series were sold in Brazil.

The original FRP top color is white.

Does your Bandeirante have the Mercedes-Benz engine?

Juan

I'l mantain the same color. Mine is 1990 3B. I'm looking
Nice. What year & engine? Mine is 1985, 3B. So, mechanically not too bad, other than some refurbishment on the electrics.
My paint job is also not good and I have the exact same idea on the FRP top. All same color is a bit boring. A silver-gray looks awesome, but I think white would be original.
I have limited budget, though. And a bad paint job makes me be less concerned when going offroad.
What's the original color code you are going for on the body of yours?
Cheers Ra
Hello,

Impressive.

Your 73 Series is a rarity in your neck of the woods. I understand very few 70 Series were sold in Brazil.

The original FRP top color is white.

Does your Bandeirante have the Mercedes-Benz engine?

Juan
HI! I know just 3 Troopies here. Never saw any other 70 nearby.
Fine, I'll try to make it as almost original as I could.
The problem is the difficulties to find parts and the cost of them. The currency differences and the import taxes are high.

My Bandeirante has a Mercedes OM-364 4 cylinder engine.

Cheers

Carlos

Your BJ73 looks awesome already now, better than mine, lol. I have a 3B, too.
Yours is well worth a careful restoration.
I understand there are no major issues with it right now, so you can take it slowly. The service parts should be obtainable in Brazil, too.
On any parts issue, just check back here. Hunting down parts is a favorite hobby of most mud members 😉. Prices and shipping costs are an issue, though.
Unfortunately, most of the more sophisticated parts are available overseas in Asia only, or not at all. So, shipping costs hit all of us.
Do you have all manuals at hand? If required I can share. I have all the manuals for 1984-1990 in PDF.

The OM364 is a great engine. It was used in the Mercedes Unimog applications, too
Cheers Ralf

Your BJ73 looks awesome already now, better than mine, lol. I have a 3B, too.
Yours is well worth a careful restoration.
I understand there are no major issues with it right now, so you can take it slowly. The service parts should be obtainable in Brazil, too.
On any parts issue, just check back here. Hunting down parts is a favorite hobby of most mud members 😉. Prices and shipping costs are an issue, though.
Unfortunately, most of the more sophisticated parts are available overseas in Asia only, or not at all. So, shipping costs hit all of us.
Do you have all manuals at hand? If required I can share. I have all the manuals for 1984-1990 in PDF.

The OM364 is a great engine. It was used in the Mercedes Unimog applications, too
Cheers Ralf
I'm looking for manuals! I will be very happy if you could share yours!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom