newbie fj40 owner with a few questions.canadian parts suppliers etc??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just picked up a new to me 78 fj. the steering is sloppy. dtermined its the center arm assembly, what is the rebuild kit number and best places to get this kit? tried looking at ebay and such and many different numbers come up. is it worth rebuiding the center arm or getting a new assy. also looking for the part number for the exhause flange gasket. or should i removet the old one and try to size it up at local shops. i am in canada so not sure the best places for old cruiser parts. thanx in advance and glad to join the fj club.

PXL_20220712_184630158.jpg

Welcome to the FJ40 Money Pit. Unfortunately, the options for parts north of the border are a lot less than south of the border. I have found a couple places that have Landcruiser parts in Edmonton, Kamloops and Port Coquitlam plus the odd Kijiji ad.

The price of the part from the States doubles, once you add "customs/duty", exchange and shipping, You can import vintage car parts duty free into Canada if you get the seller to put the HS code of 9966.00.00 on the customs slip.

To use this HS code the part must be for a vintage vehicle. The Center Arm Rebuilt Kit should qualify. Parts that could be used on any vehicle would not (e.g. tires, lights etc.) be able to be imported using this code. Here is the Canadian Customs link for the HS code information. HS 9966.00.00

DM if you have any questions.

Yeah I use 4Wheel Auto quite a bit since I'm in the neighbourhood. Also good deals to be had in Oz, especially if you can use AusPost to CanPost for shipping.

Welcome to the FJ40 Money Pit. Unfortunately, the options for parts north of the border are a lot less than south of the border. I have found a couple places that have Landcruiser parts in Edmonton, Kamloops and Port Coquitlam plus the odd Kijiji ad.

The price of the part from the States doubles, once you add "customs/duty", exchange and shipping, You can import vintage car parts duty free into Canada if you get the seller to put the HS code of 9966.00.00 on the customs slip.

To use this HS code the part must be for a vintage vehicle. The Center Arm Rebuilt Kit should qualify. Parts that could be used on any vehicle would not (e.g. tires, lights etc.) be able to be imported using this code. Here is the Canadian Customs link for the HS code information. HS 9966.00.00

DM if you have any questions.
thanx so much for the duty tips, i didnt know that.

Yeah I use 4Wheel Auto quite a bit since I'm in the neighbourhood. Also good deals to be had in Oz, especially if you can use AusPost to CanPost for shipping.
thanx for the info, i checked 4wheel and they carry the part...whooohooo. what are the places u shop in australia?

AQUALU INDUSTRIES INC. | CUSTOM ALUMINUM FABRICATION FOR THE OFF-ROAD INDUSTRY. SPECIALIZING IN REPLACEMENT BODIES AND ACCESSORIES FOR LAND CRUISER, JEEP AND SUZUKI | 1-888-765-6714 - http://www.aqualu.com/ is right in your area... or used to be. One of the wreckers in Kelowna had about 25 Cruisers the last time I was there (unfortunately that was 30 years ago so they may no longer have Fj40s or "40" parts.

Steve at EBI is a great Cruiser guy... never heard anything bad about him.

Well, there was once... but that was a while ago and I never saw that guy again... like he just disappeared. 🤷‍♂️ Just kidding, I can honestly say Steve at EBI is a great guy. :D

Sooner or later you'll learn @ToyotaMatt has some invaluable parts that you'll not want to be without. He is also good about shipping to Canada and doesn't double the price once he learns you're up here.

Your local clubhouse hasn't had a post this year so it may not be as much help... but CA.BC- Coastal Cruisers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/ca-bc-coastal-cruisers.39/ is very active and not all that far away. As the crow flies, I'm much closer, but by the time I get across the ferry and through Vancouver, you'd likely be there. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom