Newbie: first time owner of an LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought my first LX470/LC. It has 77k original miles. Was sitting in a grandmas garage for 20 years. She drove it an average of a little under 4k a year.
01520004-4BA7-4BA1-BE45-722CC75486C3_1_105_c.jpeg
BE3B3339-ABA6-4053-A6DB-0AE874D70F2B_1_105_c.jpeg

I did away with the AHC. I went with a more reliable system, and lifted it with the Ironman lift, pro cell shocks, new coils, UCAs ,diff drop, torsion bars, and 285/70R17 BFGs AT's and Methods 17X9. It rides so much smoother than stock. With a lot more confidence around corners. Very impressed with the ride and comfort.

Last edited:
Welcome to mud! I bought mine a few years ago and the prior owner drove it less than 6k a year.

Other than downgrading from stock AHC suspension, this looks like a great low mileage find... any plans for baseline? I mean other than ripping off that amazing fully active suspension that likely just needed new rear springs and some fresh AHC fluid. Congrats and welcome to forum!

*facepalm you got rid of a functioning AHC? Way to not understand it before ripping it. "Thin" doesn't really affect it's function as it all works inside the accumulator and other internals

Other than downgrading from stock AHC suspension, this looks like a great low mileage find... any plans for baseline? I mean other than ripping off that amazing fully active suspension that likely just needed new rear springs and some fresh AHC fluid. Congrats and welcome to forum!
*facepalm you got rid of a functioning AHC? Way to not understand it before ripping it. "Thin" doesn't really affect it's function as it all works inside the accumulator and other internals
I agree...at 77k miles the AHC was undoubtedly still in good operating condition. Damn shame to toss such an awesome system!

It's a great system, but it’s a 20 year old system. Any wear item like shocks, that are old, need to be changed. You have to remember it’s a 2 part shock. You can replace the fluid all you want, the fluid doesn’t compress. Everyone thinks because your shocks go up and down that the real part of the shock is still good. The reality is that, the other side of the shock, the gas filled part, is the part that really matters. The spheres wear over time. That’s the part that does the actual work of dampening. When you upgrade to a newer system like the Ironman, there’s just no comparison how much better the ride is.

Last edited:
Other than downgrading from stock AHC suspension, this looks like a great low mileage find... any plans for baseline? I mean other than ripping off that amazing fully active suspension that
if you are so in love with the system, I can sell it to you.

I ripped out my AHC long ago and haven't missed it once. For some, AHC seems to evoke a near religious experience but hey to each their own... I enjoy a conventional system that doesn't require diagnostic software, sensors, pumps and fluid. Plus you won't find hundreds of forum posts titled "Help my shocks and springs stopped working" ;) (All you AHC true believers please don't respond and try to persuade me, I'm sure it's an absolutely amazing system when maintained properly and all those people with problems should have just kept up on maintenance yeah yeah I'm not listening and I stored my globes in the dumpster a long time ago so no turning back. ha.)

Anyway, truck looks great, nice find! Welcome to the forum.

I ripped out my AHC long ago and haven't missed it once. For some, AHC seems to evoke a near religious experience but hey to each their own... I enjoy a conventional system that doesn't require diagnostic software, sensors, pumps and fluid. Plus you won't find hundreds of forum posts titled "Help my shocks and springs stopped working" ;) (All you AHC true believers please don't respond and try to persuade me, I'm sure it's an absolutely amazing system when maintained properly and all those people with problems should have just kept up on maintenance yeah yeah I'm not listening and I stored my globes in the dumpster a long time ago so no turning back. ha.)

Thanks for the welcome Ikarus!

I'm not an AHC purist but I have a 22 y/o system, 185k miles and all original (including accumulators) except the two front height sensors.... I'm also about 1,000lbs over stock for the past 10+ years.

Congrats on a very rare find at that mileage! Very cool rig too, black in such pristine condition is a rare sight. I have a hard time seeing how the suspension can handle corners better, I love how my AHC keeps the truck dead flat in curves when set to full sport, but if you're happy that's al that really matters, and you definitely seem happy! Enjoy that sweet LX brother!

Wow. Super clean. What an amazing find. Great mods too.

Wild. Did you do the AHC delete and suspension install yourself?

Congrats on a very rare find at that mileage! Very cool rig too, black in such pristine condition is a rare sight. I have a hard time seeing how the suspension can handle corners better, I love how my AHC keeps the truck dead flat in curves when set to full sport, but if you're happy that's al that really matters, and you definitely seem happy! Enjoy that sweet LX brother!
when I put mine in sport with AHC it definitely made the ride better. After I got it lifted, now I’m able to accelerate through the corners even more. It’s hard to describe it without actually driving it. Imagine an additional setting on your toggle that goes from full sport to super grip. That’s the best way I can describe it. It’s next level! Thanks for the kind comments my friend!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom