Newbie Alert, and some pics. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gday gday from the land down under, where the women roar and the cruisers thunder. ;p

Well may as well get straight into it. My old man had a FJ45 Cruiser that had been sitting the grass just down from the shed for years. I say had, because I dragged it out yesterday. :D

A little bit of history, its always nice when you know whats been done to a vehicle and what sort of life its had.
My dad bought the old girl brand new in 1975. It got used as a personal vehicle and as a farm ute for pretty much its entire life. It no longer has the standard F motor as it threw a rod through the side of the block, and was replaced with a 2F. When my dad moved off the property it was parked up in the grass when he was offered another ute at a price you cant refuse it stayed there.

It doesn't start... yet. The carby had be refusing to idle like it sensibly should. And it has a couple of pistons with rings that can do with replacing.

For the moment I'm just going to strip it all down, I already have the old tray and dropsides off. As well as the aircleaner and carby. Give the engine a rebuild while it out of the chassis, a good look over the rest of the drive train. Abit of cut and shut and a fresh coat of paint, new tray and she'll be dandy.:)
I would like to get round to doing a power steering conversion and disc brakes on the front if I can ever figure out just what you call a minitruck is. :rolleyes: ;p

So on with the images.
dsc01632ty8.jpg

dsc01637cc3.jpg

dsc01633ag4.jpg

dsc01634iy0.jpg

You'all don't mess around with front bumpers down under, I'll give ya that!! Looks like a fun project, being a family member and all. Have fun, and Welcome!!:cheers:

nice looking 45, should be a fun project.

and if you really want to know what we call a mini truck ? its just the mid 1970's and on small toyota 4x4 trucks with the solid front axle's. the reason we call them mini's is because they are smaller then the standard full size trucks that chevy and ford and dodge make here in the U.S.

a "mini" is known downunder as a "hilux":D

Thanks lone gunman and waydownunder80, I had a hunch that it was the hilux, but wasnt really sure. Cheers. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom