Newbie 96 LX450 Critique me... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Allright here's the scoop...
Finally after years of on again, off again...I finally convinced wifey that I should get a LC. She's loves them too, but a pick-up always was more practical. So, I just bought a 96 LX off eBay yesterday. I feel really good about it all but want any feedback before I take possesion of it. Sorry to anybody that was bidding against me.

Any opinions on what I've done, good or bad, about any of this is appreciated.

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4564242235&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

Please be patient with me on the technical aspects of this forum as well. - Thanks for letting me become a part of this community.

Looks nice...if you would like you can pull the Lexus service history...something that is good to do pre-purchase.

I love sellers and their descriptions...

"Now the MASSIVE 4.5 L6 engine is just incredible. This engine has been meticulously maintained and is in sound condition. At idle you'll wonder if she's running. These engines have a keen reputation for there durability and explosive horsepower. With a pampered 120k miles she's barely broken in. This IS A LEXUS!! This is clearly one of the most powerful luxury SUV'S on the market. The Smooth shifting 4 WHEEL DRIVE automatic transmission makes this high line sedan effortless to drive."

I6 are MASSIVE? :rolleyes: and...I would normally stay away from the adjective "explosive" when it comes to then engine! :D

Glad you got it! Welcome...

I know. I was just going to post pictures and not do the eBay link but I figured what the heck. Anyway, I think I was able to read around all the sellers hype. You should check out his website, the guy sells some pretty awesome vehicles

http://www.ambassadorautosales.com/

It's like real estate:

"Small, quaint home in a private community with water access and walking, riding and excercise trails" actually means "Old one bedroom 1954 trailer in a cramped park with a storm water retention pond that you can walk, ride your bike or run around anytime you want, well after you jump the fence..."

Wow, that's one nice clean truck. With lockers too. Good buy!

skywalkerguy said:
I know. I was just going to post pictures and not do the eBay link but I figured what the heck. Anyway, I think I was able to read around all the sellers hype. You should check out his website, the guy sells some pretty awesome vehicles

http://www.ambassadorautosales.com/

It's like real estate:

"Small, quaint home in a private community with water access and walking, riding and excercise trails" actually means "Old one bedroom 1954 trailer in a cramped park with a storm water retention pond that you can walk, ride your bike or run around anytime you want, well after you jump the fence..."

Very true...the most important thing is that you are happy with your decision. At this point everything else doesn't matter much. You will love your new purchase...these are amazing vehicles- even stock! :bounce:

The truck looks nice. Congrats and welcome aboard :flipoff2:

Get started on baselining the fluids :)

Wowie!, that truck looks sweeeeet but no where in the write up that said it has a front and rear lockers. Maybe I did not see it but check this part of the ad

Ahead is your self illuminating futuristic 3D floating gauge cluster with a reliable on board self diagnoses system alerting you of any maintenance needed. This is just one of the many features that will remind you that this is your LX450.

I don't see this futuristic 3D floating gauge cluster on my pink panties.

I love the exterior color though, just like mine. Sweeeeet.

Oh by the way skywalker, congrats on your purchase.

That selling description is hilarious - I bet he writes for the National Enquirer.....LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom