Newbie 60 ? about paint color inside/outside (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MJM

Threads
Just wondering is it possible for an 84FJ60 to be white on the outside and brown on the inside ie. seats,dash etc. or would you think it was a repaint color change.
Thanks
MJM

MJM said:
Just wondering is it possible for an 84FJ60 to be white on the outside and brown on the inside ie. seats,dash etc. or would you think it was a repaint color change.
Thanks
MJM

I would have to vote on a repaint. My '83 BJ60 came factory brown, I've know of '83s and '84s to come in brown and/or red, I've only seen white 'Cruisers as repaints - not a factory colour for that/those year(s).

You've almost answered your own question there, mentioning the fact that the inside is brown, if it was painted at the factory, the interior metal colour would definately match the exterior.

I have not seen the iside metal.

This is a truck I am interested in so I have not seen any pix that show if the inside metal was brown or white. It just seems odd to have brown seats in a white truck.

Well, with a 60, you get either brown or grey interior. I have seen white 60's with brown interior - upholstry, dash, door panels, etc. If the interior PAINT is white, and the outside is white, it's PROBABLY stock paint. A lot of these vehicles suffer from repaired rock rash, so sections may have been touched up.

Mike

If it is the one that just sold on Ebay for 3100.00, that one had the white exterior paint but the engine compartment was brown. Was a repaint. Still a good deal for a rust free truck though. I would repaint it brown.

Rig of Mortis said:
I might stand corrected here.

What colour is your floor under your carpets and what colour is your firewall?

I'll check for you... (Although engine bay is white, door sills...)

If it is the same as my 62, the paint code will be on the drivers door ID plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom