Newbe sort of (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everone
Been on this Forum many times, never had the guts untill now to get involved. Feel that I need to give something back for all the help and insight in a FJ40 purchase and restoration. Wish I would have know about Mud I would have done things different. I bought 66 FJ40 283
3 speed only thing converted was the 283 install and bucket seats.
What sold me on the rig was it was completly rust free and had factory PTO Winch ( They look cool but are a pain to work around ) Can't do the Saginaw PS , will have to go Scout or Mini Truck . Im in the process of new 350 crate motor 4 speed trans install , get rid of the Vaccume shift alltough it seems to work . Im not a young buck
anymore but allways wanted a FJ should have bought one new
back in the 70's would still have it today and the work would have been done... I might have sold it if not for some of the posts on this forum , I have felt the pain both financialy and finding the time to work on it like most guys who own one. Thanks again Will send pics when I figure it out

You figured the pics out yet? :flipoff2:

Welcome...

Hey....Got sidtracked need to get back to it, Pics need to be re-sized . Been working on V8 adapter kit I both on Craigslist new everthing including 78 4 speed trans and 73 TC, .It has a AA TC adapter for the 16 spline Trans , problem is the kit does not use the PTO gear, well I have PTO winch. Have to tear down the TC and install a 16 spline PTO gear.. How is your project ?
Name is Roy 57 and a whole lot more ( I hope )
Will work on the Pics . Thanks for the reply !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom