Newb question: Auto High Beam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently purchased 2015 LX570. Can't seem to activate auto high beam feature. Manual is pretty explanatory. The Auto High Beam indicator doesn't seem to illuminate when pushing lever.

Thanks in advance for your help.

What year land cruisers have this feature?

It's on our 2016 200. The LX of course got it a smidgen earlier. Honestly, it's not that good. It makes sure oncoming traffic gets a face full of hi-beam before it dims. It makes sure cars traveling in front get a rearview full of hi-beam before it detects them and it makes sure your hi-beams switch to low so as not to offend oncoming streetlight poles.

So yeah, we quit using ours on about week 1 of ownership LOL. I feel it would function reasonably well on some desolate stretches of road out west but throw any minute variable and it isn't really that responsive nor intelligent.

I have found on one of my 2017s at times the auto high beam just stops working and defaults to low beams

I live I a rural area and a car will
Go by and the high beams won’t come back on and I have to turn the system off to be able to get high beams.

I agree the feature leaves a lot to be desired but am trying not to be the grumpy old man sitting in the passenger seat as one of my sons drive ( with his permit) and tell him that back in my day we used our high beams manually.

I agree the feature leaves a lot to be desired but am trying not to be the grumpy old man sitting in the passenger seat as one of my sons drive ( with his permit) and tell him that back in my day we used our high beams manually.

With a button on the floor like it's supposed to be!

I can "grumpy old man" with the best of 'em :)

Thanks,all. But are you all getting the Auto High Beam indicator on your display?

Recently purchased 2015 LX570. Can't seem to activate auto high beam feature. Manual is pretty explanatory. The Auto High Beam indicator doesn't seem to illuminate when pushing lever.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Push the Auto HB button on the left lower dash. Put light control stalk in high beam position and leave it there. Enjoy the high beams that dip automatically when they detect opposing traffic or following a vehicle. Works like a charm!

Push the Auto HB button on the left lower dash. Put light control stalk in high beam position and leave it there. Enjoy the high beams that dip automatically when they detect opposing traffic or following a vehicle. Works like a charm!

Yeah, about that. Here's my left lower dash:
See it anywhere?

Dash.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom