Newb looking for help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I just moved to the Chico, CA area. I have a '65 fj40. I have done very little "mechanic" type work. My stepdad is however a MAC tools salesman so I have access to anything I need. I am looking for somebody in the area to mentor me in fixing the '65 back to wheelin condition. (It drives OK just did an 80 mile trip with minimal problems) BUT, it leaks everywere, needs some rust repair, minor electrical work and engine/carb tune. I am very short on cash so I need to do most work myself cant take it to a shop, unfortunatly I have no idea how to do anything except basics . Any help would be appriciated. :cheers:

Start by buying a repair manual. Read it. Then get your hands dirty. After that ask questions. You will find that you will be able to do alot of things yourself. When you run into problems take photo's and ask questions. Also find out where the local cruiser club meets. Good Luck Albee

How about offering the prospective mentors a full journeyman/master mechanic level set of MAC tools?
Should generate an applicant.........maybe two.

Mac...

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom