Newb intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy from not only a new member but a new FZJ80 owner.

Long story sort of short, I had a 2021 Bronco order that I had placed on hold until Ford released exactly what I wanted. In September ‘22 I had to activate my Ford order or go to the back of the line. Since I wasn’t too stoked with what I could get in a Bronco, I gave my order to a friend and figured I’d wait a couple years, let Ford get their sh#t together, and then jump back in the order line.

Instead of that, I decided I wanted something older, with some soul. So began the hunt for an 80 series: a vehicle I coveted when new but could not afford at that time in my life. Instead of a Cruiser, my wife drove our 2 little (at the time) kids around in a 1996 Explorer (at least it wasn’t a minivan).

I’m now a grandpa, my wife no longer drives a ‘96 Explorer and I have the coveted Landcruiser parked in my garage. My head is spinning with all that I want to do with it—mostly cosmetic refurbishing for now with intentions of keeping it close to stock. I don’t plan to wheel it much as that’s not my thing. She’s a ‘96, not triple locked, one previous owner, rust-free Boise rig with 180k in her rear view mirror. She’s green and I’m tickled pink.

(Sorry if I exceeded the intro word count)

4C4AFDAA-8C55-4F0B-B34E-71D4ADC1BDFB.jpeg

Howdy from another Sportsmobile owner. My 80 looks similar to yours as well. You gonna keep it stock? That's been my plan.

Howdy from another Sportsmobile owner. My 80 looks similar to yours as well. You gonna keep it stock? That's been my plan.
Cheers to the Sportsmobile—which gets even worse gas mileage than the 80! The V-10 loves to stop at every fuel station is sees. I’m planning to keep the Cruiser as close to stock as possible, outside of a rear spare carrier by General Green Manufacturing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom