"new" Yokohama Geolander M/T (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How do you like these compared to your old Toyo MTs?

Quieter from memory. Otherwise not much to say. The sidewalls seem a little softer. But there is more of it being a larger tire. So hard to say. Only overland type wheeling so far. Have not pushed the limits by any means.

My local tire guy gave me a price to low to turn away on them. I was already considering but that definitely closed the deal. No regrets yet to report.

Quieter from memory. Otherwise not much to say. The sidewalls seem a little softer. But there is more of it being a larger tire. So hard to say. Only overland type wheeling so far. Have not pushed the limits by any means.

My local tire guy gave me a price to low to turn away on them. I was already considering but that definitely closed the deal. No regrets yet to report.

I seem to keep reading people say the Yokos pick up rocks a lot. Did your Toyos do that? I haven’t noticed my razrs doing that more than I would have expected.

I seem to keep reading people say the Yokos pick up rocks a lot. Did your Toyos do that? I haven’t noticed my razrs doing that more than I would have expected.

Honestly I don’t recall if they did any worse when new. I live on a dirt road and the Tokyo’s definitely sling rocks once I hit pavement. Once cleared I don’t notice anything after that. They have some pretty big voids that can hold golf ball like rocks on occasion. I definitely don’t consider it bad enough to dislike the tire. Just part of the privilege of owning a MT.

I think any mud tire pattern will pick up larger rocks than an A/T pattern. For me, it was just a "surprise" moving from an A/T tire to a mud tire. I did expect it to happen and now I'm use to it.

I like how they air down. In a fully loaded 80 I played with air. I found that at ~25 psi it handled the corrugations really well. I've only had them on for a month and have about 600 miles of offload with them, only mud and gravel, but I have been really impressed with these tires. If I can get >35K miles out of them with similar performance I will buy another set.

2021 updates on these tires? Getting new rims for the GX and just curious as to any updates.

Still love my Yokohama's....I'm considering selling them to move to a 35x10.50 tall skinny only since Yokohama doesn't make that size.

in case anyone cares i have just finished up a set of these. I totally killed them and they are terrible now. But surprisingly i would still recommend them. Mine have about 40,000 miles on them. They are cupped and worn badly but that is due to a set of spindles and wheel bearings that were worn. I had trouble diagnosing the problem but THINK i have it fixed. Tires got worn badly and shake like hell at 45 MPH turning. I think i will be going to a AT tire. But my 80 is amy DD and i am puting 20,000 miles a year on it. I live a nomadic life and more of my winters are involving more and more snow. A good AT I think makes sense for me.

All that being said i kind of like them. They are still pretty cheap right now which is a big plus. They were not really loud on the highway, even now they are not terribly noise even as bad as i messed them up. Kind of crummy in the snow but i imagine most MT are. Mediocre when you hit deep puddles on the highway but isnt anything? But they felt good on dry pavement, reasonably quiet, smooth when new (before i destroy them), all round pretty good on the road. Mine did have a lot of weight on them when i got them balanced. But who knows, might be old bent rims or something.

Off road i felt they were great. No complaints at all. Yes you could still get stuck in the deep mud and all that. They are not a magic tire. But i would air them down to 15 or so and no problems at all. Mostly had them in rocky trails up in Montana. Dont even have a scratch in the side walls. I will say that these felt really tough and inspired a lot of confidence with rocks on the side walls. I did like that. No problems from that with mine at all.

If i didnt put so many highway miles on my truck and need a better snow tires again i would probably get another set of these. I also had STT Pro and they were good, hard to say which was better. Kind of leaning towards the Yokohama.

in case anyone cares i have just finished up a set of these. I totally killed them and they are terrible now. But surprisingly i would still recommend them. Mine have about 40,000 miles on them. They are cupped and worn badly but that is due to a set of spindles and wheel bearings that were worn. I had trouble diagnosing the problem but THINK i have it fixed. Tires got worn badly and shake like hell at 45 MPH turning. I think i will be going to a AT tire. But my 80 is amy DD and i am puting 20,000 miles a year on it. I live a nomadic life and more of my winters are involving more and more snow. A good AT I think makes sense for me.

All that being said i kind of like them. They are still pretty cheap right now which is a big plus. They were not really loud on the highway, even now they are not terribly noise even as bad as i messed them up. Kind of crummy in the snow but i imagine most MT are. Mediocre when you hit deep puddles on the highway but isnt anything? But they felt good on dry pavement, reasonably quiet, smooth when new (before i destroy them), all round pretty good on the road. Mine did have a lot of weight on them when i got them balanced. But who knows, might be old bent rims or something.

Off road i felt they were great. No complaints at all. Yes you could still get stuck in the deep mud and all that. They are not a magic tire. But i would air them down to 15 or so and no problems at all. Mostly had them in rocky trails up in Montana. Dont even have a scratch in the side walls. I will say that these felt really tough and inspired a lot of confidence with rocks on the side walls. I did like that. No problems from that with mine at all.

If i didnt put so many highway miles on my truck and need a better snow tires again i would probably get another set of these. I also had STT Pro and they were good, hard to say which was better. Kind of leaning towards the Yokohama.
For heavy mud Yokohama recommends the radical X-MT.

Hopping on this bandwagon

F5715F64-1B4F-4514-A480-F0FD1094295A.png

Luv em so far, great off road and on as well.

I like that they are taller and a touch narrower width than the Km3s with more tread depth...

syToAMsh.jpg

4hALLakh.jpg

Luv em so far, great off road and on as well.

I like that they are taller and a touch narrower width than the Km3s with more tread depth...

syToAMsh.jpg

4hALLakh.jpg

Good to know, thanks. My son-in-law can get Yokohamas in his tire shop, so these or the AT version will probably be my next tires on both trucks. They'll be replacing KM3's on the 40 and Toyos on the FJC.

Can someone post a height measurement of an 80 on 315’s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom