"new" Yokohama Geolander M/T (2 Viewers)

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Visit site
I put a set of the 31x10.50 on our '85 4Runner last year. Seemed to have good road manners. Haven't driven it anywhere since after driving back from the tire shop. They certainly look the part off-road.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
Visit site
You need the X-MT for this kind of mud.

I think not. To run these would require suspension alteration such as a spring-over, new wheels plus the tires resulting in an overall less-drivable FJ60. IOW a pile of cash to deal with a situation that I seldom encounter and it's negotiable with good recovery gear.

Do you run the X-MTs on that clean looking FJ?

Visit site
I think not. To run these would require suspension alteration such as a spring-over, new wheels plus the tires resulting in an overall less-drivable FJ60. IOW a pile of cash to deal with a situation that I seldom encounter and it's negotiable with good recovery gear.

Do you run the X-MTs on that clean looking FJ?
MT G003 on my 2016 FJ Cruiser, it gets cleaned up after I return from my weekend at the farm. X-MT would be even better for the rice and sugar cane farm with sticky mud but I also have to do steep curvy hills frequently under rain so the G003 does that well and safe. Wanted to add will put the X-MT on the 83 BJ40 once I am done making it road worthy again, just ordered parts for the injector pump from Japan, covid has delayed the shipment unfortunately.

Last edited:

wngrog

SILVER Star
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
That's odd. I'm seeing 31x10.50 and 35x12.50 in 15".

Well a fella looking for that size tire is most likely not wanting a 12.50 wide tire so I did not mention it.
Point being, they never made the size most popular with the Cruiser crowd because we are not much of a crowd really.

0E86E556-00EF-46BD-8AB8-775461CEF8BE.jpeg

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Visit site
Well a fella looking for that size tire is most likely not wanting a 12.50 wide tire so I did not mention it.
Point being, they never made the size most popular with the Cruiser crowd because we are not much of a crowd really.
Thanks. I thought they had to make other sizes in a 15". Apparently I wasn't on the Yokohama website.

reddog90

SILVER Star
Visit site
@1911 You could change wheels and go with 255/85/16 G003s. Some Summit wheels look pretty close to OEM steelies if you aren't set on running caps. Or there's always FJ Co wh$$ls.

chupacabra
Visit site
@1911 You could change wheels and go with 255/85/16 G003s. Some Summit wheels look pretty close to OEM steelies if you aren't set on running caps. Or there's always FJ Co wh$$ls.

Thanks. If I was going to do that, I would go with the City Racer 16" wheels, but I'm not going to spend that of money yet, so another set of BFG 33x10.5x15 will be going on this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom