New windshield 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I did mine, almost 10 yrs ago, they were over $800 then -- Unless they've moved to a domestic supplier ?

@Onur ?

D'oh! I guess I have to get a 70-series then !

:bang:

Talked to 3 other glass guys.
Quotes have ranged from $275-$350.
This includes weather stripping
No tint - all clear glass

however all have mentioned the little chrome strip that is on my windshield surround, they wont be able to keep that

Windshield done. Blue top strip. They couldnt redo chrome surround. Oh well.
$350 included:

-New gasket
-New glass
- install

happy with it

81B1C490-6E46-45F3-9191-CDE73D36DAD7.jpeg

Last edited:
I met with a local company today here in Orlando. They quoted me $380 with their gasket and $220 if I provide them the OEM gasket and chrome (still available from Toyota it seems). They said they'd be happy to install the OEM stuff. He said he had replaced the glass on 60 series before but I didn't ask if he has ever replaced the chrome strip. Any idea if that's difficult to do and not damage the chrome? I'd really like to keep that original look.

Couldn’t sleep so I started doing some research. I found this tool as well as the video that goes with it. It looks like a competent installer should be able to handle the chrome locking strip

Or maybe they just make it look easy. But for $10 it’s worth having the tool handy just in case the installer doesn’t have one with him.

I met with a local company today here in Orlando. They quoted me $380 with their gasket and $220 if I provide them the OEM gasket and chrome (still available from Toyota it seems). They said they'd be happy to install the OEM stuff. He said he had replaced the glass on 60 series before but I didn't ask if he has ever replaced the chrome strip. Any idea if that's difficult to do and not damage the chrome? I'd really like to keep that original look.
Where in Orlando is this place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom