New vin cut key problems. Valet or Master blank. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I received my 95 LC with keys that were badly worn and looked like a tooth pick. They only opened the front door to unlock and start the ignition(will it open hatch, passenger or glove box). I thought it was due to them being worn so got new keys cut by code/vin by a local lock smith and they still only work to unlock and start the ignition.

After looking up info on keys it seems there are masters and valet keys.

The key I received was a generic blank TR-44. Is there a different blank it should be cut on? Also does anyone have a photo of both master and valet side by side? Thanks.

I received my 95 LC with keys that were badly worn and looked like a tooth pick. They only opened the front door to unlock and start the ignition(will it open hatch, passenger or glove box). I thought it was due to them being worn so got new keys cut by code/vin by a local lock smith and they still only work to unlock and start the ignition.

After looking up info on keys it seems there are masters and valet keys.

The key I received was a generic blank TR-44. Is there a different blank it should be cut on? Also does anyone have a photo of both master and valet side by side? Thanks.
Give ToyotaMatt a shout. He can get you solid copies and even has a good looking reproduction original key.

that should be the blank for both keys, the difference is in the cut. if the keys are that worn out he cylinders may be getting worn out as well so getting a new key cut off the vin may or may not help much

We also have kits of new, repinned (matching) sets of the cylinders that are still available and can match the glovebox and rear hatch to the ignition, if you end up needing/wanting new cylinders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom