New Vibration New Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning all. Recently I picked a new vibration and related vibrating noise in the center part of the dash. I am only noticing it at highway speeds. It also seems to be worse when I have my family with me. They don’t weigh much but there seems to be a difference. My wife and 2 boys all combined probably weigh 270 lbs or so. Nothing has changed that I can think of other than installing new WKOR sliders. I looked around underneath but I don’t see anything touching the exhaust or body. Could this be related or just a coincidence? If possibly related what else can I look for on the sliders side of things? Thanks much

I had a rattle like sound after installing my sliders that turned out to be one of the slider brackets slightly hitting up against the floor. Make sure there is adaquat clearance there at all of the brackets with a full load present as the body mount pucks may allow the body to lower enough with a load to cause interferance between brackets and floor. Test the clearance with a thin piece of cardboard as a feeler gage.
Another result of adding sliders could be a change in frame harmonics from the addition of outboard weight, which may now result in a new vibration.
Good luck chasing down the cause as I know how annoying vibration and rattles can be..

Last edited:
I had a rattle like sound after installing my sliders that turned out to be one of the slider brackets slightly hitting up against the floor. Make sure there is adaquat clearance there at all of the brackets with a full load present as the body mount pucks may allow the body to lower enough with a load to cause interferance between brackets and floor. Test the clearance with a thin piece of cardboard as a feeler gage.
Another result of adding sliders could be a change in frame harmonics from the addition of outboard weight, which may now result in a new vibration.
Good luck chasing down the cause as I know how annoying vibration and rattles can be..
Thanks. I will try and take a look tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom