New vendor "Bowfin Cruisers" and new 80 series roof rack option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry all, I wish I could keep up but it has just been crazy lately. I do put racks on the site Wednesdays for the most part in the a.m. I don't know if I will be doing it this week though because of back log.

Thanks for the patience!

Sorry all, I wish I could keep up but it has just been crazy lately. I do put racks on the site Wednesdays for the most part in the a.m. I don't know if I will be doing it this week though because of back log.

Thanks for the patience!
Just seeing this, have been trying to get a hold of you. So we just need to keep checking the site?

@dogfishlake

Looking for an update on awning and traction board attachments. Been trying to reach you here, on your FB page and via your website with no luck.

@69 Pigboy are you not interested in the aftermarket attachments that people are using earlier in the thread? Also have you had a look at tnutz website? there are LOTs of series 10 extrusion hardware that you can attach a lot. Not trashing his offerings but he did design it so that it would work with a TON of other accessories and not be vendor specific.

Finally just got my order in for my series 80 with no lightbar cut out, can't wait to get this thing in and installed. I completed the OEM roof rack delete last weekend. No issues getting the bolts off, nutserts stayed in place. Grinded the nutserts flush, cleaned the inside with mineral spirits, squeezed silicone in, and JB steel stik over the area. Sanded it down flush, cleaned mineral spirits, primed and painted. Just waiting for the Bowfin rack and I'm good to go, planning a trip to Marble Falls TX for a little off roading.

Finally just got my order in for my series 80 with no lightbar cut out, can't wait to get this thing in and installed. I completed the OEM roof rack delete last weekend. No issues getting the bolts off, nutserts stayed in place. Grinded the nutserts flush, cleaned the inside with mineral spirits, squeezed silicone in, and JB steel stik over the area. Sanded it down flush, cleaned mineral spirits, primed and painted. Just waiting for the Bowfin rack and I'm good to go, planning a trip to Marble Falls TX for a little off roading.
Lol is there a special cheat code to order?
right right right left?

Lol is there a special cheat code to order?
right right right left?
Patrick does put up available stock every Wednesday morning or Tuesday night. I checked first thing this morning around 7 and sure enough he had some available. Good luck on your hunt for this rack.

20210802_192652.jpg

Pics of the rig b4 the OEM rack delete, I will update once the rack is installed. It's a 96 on 2" Ironman lift with Nitrogas shocks, with 315 BFG KO2s

Quick update on the Bowfin roof rack purchase, arrived yesterday, packaging looks great, I plan to install this weekend. I will post pics once installed. Cheers.

Quick update on the Bowfin roof rack purchase, arrived yesterday, packaging looks great, I plan to install this weekend. I will post pics once installed. Cheers.
Lucky. I have had no luck everytime I look at the site Tuesday and Wednesday

I just finished up the install of mine the other night. As others have said, it took about an hour to assemble and 15 minutes to get it mounted. I added a 4wd Kings 40" light bar from Amazon and I had to do a little grinding on the mounting brackets to move them far enough back for the windscreen to mount. Overall, I'm very pleased with the rack and it is excellent quality.

View attachment 2509944

View attachment 2509945
This one too. I just want to make sure I didn’t install mine incorrectly. Haha. Is it ok to have gaps in the brackets to the channel? I have some but not much. Should I loosen the bracket?

This one too. I just want to make sure I didn’t install mine incorrectly. Haha. Is it ok to have gaps in the brackets to the channel? I have some but not much. Should I loosen the bracket?
The side rails are reversed. They are labeled left (US driver's side) and right (US passenger side). Sorry for the added work but they do need to be switched. It doesn't look right off the truck but the side rails go in and up, not out and up. The profile is intended to flow with the roof line then got to vertical. Up and in looks like a hat and I didn't like the look when prototyping.

A lot of confusion comes from the whole right side, left side debate, but I am following left and right like a service manual (or LHD, RHD) and it doesn't change regardless of the viewers position around the truck.

Cheers! (as our RHD Aussie friends say!)

Love the look of these racks, nothing like what is available here in Aus!

Dogfishlake: any chance of shipping one here? Did send you a PM, figure by the looks of this thread your a busy man but.

My old man lives in OH, even if you could provide package dimensions I could get some shipping quotes and just get delivery to his place?

Cheers,
J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom