New Vac Hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventuretoolcompany.com
Hello everyone- I'm looking for a source for the OEM vac hoses for the 2F. I purchased a whole roll from a local parts store to replace all my hoses and the darn stuff was too large (inner diameter). BTW, I really appreciate all the help on my last posting....I'll try to post some pix. The Rhino Ride....:)

i know you asked for sources of OE vacuum line but might i suggest upgrading to silicone vacuum line? much more resistant to heat and overall more long lived.

the stock vacuum line has inside diameters of 3mm and 5.5mm. you'll need more of the 3 than the 5.5.

i redid all of my vacuum lines a while back and got them here:

http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?category=8

i used the 6mm inside diameter and it worked just fine in lieu of 5.5.

as far are how many feet to order, i overestimated and had some left over. here's how many feet i ordered to redo every single line under the hood:

3mm 37ft.
6mm 11ft

again, you won't need that much and i ended up using the remainder on some of my other cars. somebody else may know exactly how many feet you'll need so as to avoid so much excess.

i know you asked for sources of OE vacuum line but might i suggest upgrading to silicone vacuum line? much more resistant to heat and overall more long lived.

the stock vacuum line has inside diameters of 3mm and 5.5mm. you'll need more of the 3 than the 5.5.

i redid all of my vacuum lines a while back and got them here:

http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?category=8

i used the 6mm inside diameter and it worked just fine in lieu of 5.5.

as far are how many feet to order, i overestimated and had some left over. here's how many feet i ordered to redo every single line under the hood:

3mm 37ft.
6mm 11ft

again, you won't need that much and i ended up using the remainder on some of my other cars. somebody else may know exactly how many feet you'll need so as to avoid so much excess.

Did you notice better idilling, cold start ups, etc...? Or any better =performance?

I am thinking of doing the same.

The OEM rubber tubing works just fine-20 years of service, fits correctly etc. Call CruiserDan at American Toyota. There is a way to buy in short lengths for about $1 each. The long lengths are like $8 each. I think you only need 1 long one and the rest shorter ones, which keeps it fairly economical.

pathfinder,

i didn't notice any difference in performance. i changed my lines more as a preventative maintenance thing than anything else. i took it as a good sign that my truck ran as well as it did prior; that meant, (at least to me,) that i didn't misroute anything.

if you decide to do this, take your time and only do one line at a time. have the OE vacuum schematic handy in case you get confused, which is easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom