New Upholstery - Maybe not for Everyone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@J Mack sweet, i hope i don't regret not doing the door panels as well. I just had them made out of the same vinyl as the trim on the seats.

I really like quirky retro stuff and the Jeep mighty FC build kind of inspired my Pig color and theme for that clean off road look, I actually got the idea for plaid from that build.

jeep-mighty-fc-concept-interior-photo-461859-s-986x603.jpg

More pictures here.

Not gonna lie... I might be stealing your idea here Residualboulders. lol! Red and Grey plaid inserts out of ANYTHING other than that damn vinyl in there now! Bonus is the wife will stop accusing me of taking sterioids from all the acne the vinyl is causing me! haha

Not gonna lie... I might be stealing your idea here Residualboulders. lol! Red and Grey plaid inserts out of ANYTHING other than that damn vinyl in there now! Bonus is the wife will stop accusing me of taking sterioids from all the acne the vinyl is causing me! haha

ha ha, glad i could help. Porsche has some nice plaids in the 70s. I almost went that route but the colors coordinating with my paint scheme were a little too bright for my liking.

Not sure actually. Don't think it's not wool. Got the plaid from an upholstry whole sale guy through Etsy, then my local guy sourced the vinyl. I've been on the calender since Jan with him! So glad to get it done finally! The bonus is I don't need a shower after a 10 minute ride to deal with the back sweat!

Cool seats, how did you acquire the carpet? Was this custom job or a kit?

Cool seats, how did you acquire the carpet? Was this custom job or a kit?
Custom job. I bought the plaid off of some upholstery material seller through Etsy. Just found it searching for plaid material via Google. Then found a local upholsty guy. He sourced the vinyl. He used the existing seats as a template. Took about 2 days and about$1k. Not cheap but worth it!

Custom job. I bought the plaid off of some upholstery material seller through Etsy. Just found it searching for plaid material via Google. Then found a local upholsty guy. He sourced the vinyl. He used the existing seats as a template. Took about 2 days and about$1k. Not cheap but worth it!
$1k for both front and back seats?
Not bad based on what I paid a few years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom