New UNIMOG

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

There is no option .. It's my christmas gift .. !

6 Cilinder, as always, Mercedez quality, with 260 HP .. !

I was Drive 404 and 435, but this is awsome 42" tires, with the same options, 8 speeds, F&R lockers, double brake lines, portal axles .. etc etc ..

tonkota

Looks like a tractor. Doesn't freightliner import a version of the UNIMOG?

What does UNIMOG stand for?

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

tonkota said:
Looks like a tractor. Doesn't freightliner import a version of the UNIMOG?

What does UNIMOG stand for?
An UNIMOG is a tractor in fact .. is a multipourpose vehicle, as H1, but by Mercedez :D originaly designed for farms work, and other style things.

The mos modern UNIMOG thta I can drive, 435, can up over 80km/h ( top speed )

e rock

Nice... Those tires are fat - most of the ones I ever see have tall skinny Continentals or Michelins.

There's a sweet hardtop Doka that I drive by occasionally that's been for sale for a while. I figure I can talk him down to about 20K; now I just have to convince the wife... "But honey, it's a 4-door Mercedes :D "

Gus

SILVER Star

Mogs kick a$$, you could really put H2 or Heep owners in there place with one of those.

The he!! with Hummer - This is the dope baby!

Long live the Mog! I grew up around an old one from '64 or 65, and i don't ever remember it getting stuck.. think it had 74 horse power pushing it ... lol. They're great!

HZJ60 Guy

Tank Buster
Gus said:
Mogs kick a$$, you could really put H2 or Heep owners in there place with one of those.

Look no offense to this site or Toyotas in general, but that truck will put ANYTHING in its place!

TB

lowenbrau

SILVER Star

We called the local freightliner mog dealer a while ago looking for 406 axle seals and the sales droid who answered the phone said "Um, we don't have a parts dept, these things never break."

Someone asked about the name...
UNIversal-MOtorGerät (universal-power-unit) or UNIMOG

My bro-in law just left a job at Tarheel Sterling in NC. They sold Mogs and he would bring them home when I came to visit. The trannies are bad a$$. The shifting is all electronic. You can pre-select your gears. The axles generate so much heat so they put a "fan" on the drive shaft. Very fun to drive.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

e rock said:
Nice... Those tires are fat - most of the ones I ever see have tall skinny Continentals or Michelins.

There's a sweet hardtop Doka that I drive by occasionally that's been for sale for a while. I figure I can talk him down to about 20K; now I just have to convince the wife... "But honey, it's a 4-door Mercedes :D "
:D good .. ! thats the oficial slogan, to all folks, that try to convince the wife ( or others :) ) to buy one .. !

Is a Mercedes .. !!!! lol

Tapage said:
Mercedez quality
Isn't that an oxymoron? :flipoff2:

mercedes style, mercedes class, mercedes gadgetry, mercedes power, mercedes handling but not mercedes quality. My mom's got an '02 E320 and it has had so many stupid problems. All sorts of stupid electronic quirks. Cats went bad at 22k miles. Windshield was pitted like crazy at 25k miles, second winshield(OEM Mercedes) is now pitted at 33k miles.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

Arya Ebrahimi said:
Isn't that an oxymoron? :flipoff2:

mercedes style, mercedes class, mercedes gadgetry, mercedes power, mercedes handling but not mercedes quality. My mom's got an '02 E320 and it has had so many stupid problems. All sorts of stupid electronic quirks. Cats went bad at 22k miles. Windshield was pitted like crazy at 25k miles, second winshield(OEM Mercedes) is now pitted at 33k miles.
I don't know about merecedes quiality over there .. I'm not a shareholder of mercedes, but in my mind, mercedes are a really good car .. ( or truck as UNIMOG :cool:

Top Bottom