"New" unchanging after reading thread?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Brian,

I'm at work .. and the threads I've read keep retaining the "New" tag. Obviously cookies are on, because here I am . :D Anything else I need to check to correct this ..

Thanks,

TY

using the back button, or the navigation text in the forum?

back button will cause that, always has........

i get the same thing, usually late at night after a few "passes" to read all the threads, when i go back in to check for new threads, heck even half the threads where i'm last replyer are "new"... text navigation for me, no back button... Internet Explorer whatever the latest one is.

T Y L E R said:
Brian,

I'm at work .. and the threads I've read keep retaining the "New" tag. Obviously cookies are on, because here I am . :D Anything else I need to check to correct this ..

Thanks,

TY

ahhh..thought is was just me! I've been getting that to..I assumed it was from using the back button, but even after closing Firefox and starting it again, some threads I've viewed already still said New..even ones that were new from me....wierd :confused:

Yup, I'm getting it too. Running IE 6.0.29, new windows, refresh and some still hang around.

I never get it at home .. using Firefox. But its IE at work, not sure of the version. At home or at work I w]laways use the back button .. or GO to buttons, but at work , what is different is that I'll try and "refresh" to eliminate the "new" tags on threads I've read or responded to most recently and they will NOT go away .. everything still appears as new. Even, as already mentioned, stuff where I am the LAST poster to a thread.

I think some versions of IE are not working with this BB settings/code Woody.

TY

Enigma said:
ahhh..thought is was just me! I've been getting that to..I assumed it was from using the back button, but even after closing Firefox and starting it again, some threads I've viewed already still said New..even ones that were new from me....wierd :confused:

What version of FF for reference?

Also, have you tried a simple refresh to clear the NEWs? That works for me in FF.

TY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom