NEW Tundra TRD Pro forged BBS wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

good info straight from the source. this is almost word-for-word what I've heard @bloc say before 😂
For such a heavy vehicle like land cruiser I would not want to do anything that would compromise integrity especially wheels.

I have seen in BMW forums where powder coated BBS cracking, those vehicles are less than half weight of LC200 and do not experience same level of stress due to mostly road driving.

I have never changed from stock wheels on any car/truck before so wanted to confirm before purchase.

my understanding (from reading forum posts) is the tundra/sequoia trd pro wheels have the same specs as the heritage wheels. Same lug pattern (5x150), offset (60 mm) and size (18 inch). My local Toyota dealer parts guy is telling me that is not the case and they will not fit my 2021 LC Base model.

can folks please confirm the wheels will fit the 2021 LC without any modification (spacers, different tire size, etc.).

thanks.

The parts guy is FOS. They fit properly, same wheel, different color.

Since your local dealer parts guy is adding zero value, I'd buy online from a Toyota dealer like Olathe, Boch or Mcgeorge and save hundreds per rim.

I remember reading somewhere a while ago (I can't remember where) that the BBS PRO wheels are 56mm offset and stock are 60mm.
Can anyone confirm if I'm off here or correct?

Pretty sure the offset is different, but it should still fit. May need to do some slight changes if it rubs but it should still be fine.
Nope, both are 60mm.

Here are the part numbers if you want to do some googling:

PT960-34200-02​

PT960-60200-05​

"Comes on the 2020 Tundra TRD Pro.
Matte black with an offset of +60mm."

Nope, both are 60mm.

Here are the part numbers if you want to do some googling:

PT960-34200-02​

PT960-60200-05​

"Comes on the 2020 Tundra TRD Pro.
Matte black with an offset of +60mm."

thanks for confirming. I spent a couple hours of research here and elsewhere before talking to the parts guy, I just spoke with him again and asked why they would fit, he told me it was the 5 bolt vs 6 bolt pattern :bang:. Definitely time to go elsewhere.

I suspect that these folks deal with hundreds of different vehicles and many probably don't know all of them as well as the single model enthusiast. In a situation like that, they probably lean hard on the factory parts fiche information and when the part fitment says 19, 20 and 21 Tundra and Sequioa, with no Land Cruisers listed, they trust it. For us, as enthusiasts, we can work with additional facts... I wouldn't look to the parts department for fitting parts from other models.

Last edited:
Nope, both are 60mm.

You are off. Please see my post above with reference links.

I suspect that these folks deal with hundreds of different vehicles and many probably don't know all of them as well as the single model enthusiast. In a situation like that, they probably lean hard on the factory parts fiche information and when the part fitment says 19, 20 and 21 Tundra and Sequioa, with no Land Cruisers listed they trust it. For us, as enthusiasts, we can work with additional facts... I wouldn't look to the parts department for fitting parts from other models.
Fair About parts department, his cocky attitude without looking up any information was fairly frustrating. Neither have a 6 bolt pattern, so his info off the top of his head was just incorrect.

Perhaps it is the stock alloys on the base that is a 56 off set but heritage and trd pro are 60 offset? I thought that is what I saw on a wheel calculator.

I remember reading somewhere a while ago (I can't remember where) that the BBS PRO wheels are 56mm offset and stock are 60mm.
Can anyone confirm if I'm off here or correct?

Thanks. i read the reverse, stock 56mm vs heritage and trd pro 60mm Offset. My assumption is the 4 mm won’t matter on my base LC since works on the heritage (but you know what they say about assumptions :)).

Yeah, my local Toyota parts guys are unpleasant 8/10 times I go there, despite buying many new vehicles from their dealership. I have moved most of my buying to online parts sellers - the staff at Olathe parts are awesome, so I do a lot of business with them. Boch is good too, and a little closer geographically, with even lower prices (in general), so I'll buy from them periodically. I'd like nothing more than to have a good relationship with my local parts team (like I did with the VW parts guys when I campaigned a VW), but I don't see that happening.

In my opinion, 4mm (0.157 inches) is inconsequential. Definitely nothing to worry about, even if scrub radius fears keep you up at night.

Yes, the standard rims have a lower offset. The 2016, 2017, 2018 land cruiser rims are 56mm offset. Not sure about other years.

Last edited:
My current Black Rhinos are a 20 offset and had to do a little heating and a little pushing in the ol wheel well, but there isn't any rubbing now. Stock tire sizing but went with ridge grapplers which I absolutely love, much better than the terra grappler G2s.

Perhaps it is the stock alloys on the base that is a 56 off set but heritage and trd pro are 60 offset? I thought that is what I saw on a wheel calculator.

Every Tundra wheel that leaves the factory from 2007 to now, including the BBS wheel for the TRD PRO model is 60 offset with 110mm bore. I am not talking about wheels that get put on after they leave the factory such as RW wheels, Regional Pkg wheels, Dealership installed wheels, etc. There is a reason for this but I can't really get into it.

I have never changed from stock wheels on any car/truck before so wanted to confirm before purchase.

my understanding (from reading forum posts) is the tundra/sequoia trd pro wheels have the same specs as the heritage wheels. Same lug pattern (5x150), offset (60 mm) and size (18 inch). My local Toyota dealer parts guy is telling me that is not the case and they will not fit my 2021 LC Base model.

can folks please confirm the wheels will fit the 2021 LC without any modification (spacers, different tire size, etc.).

thanks.
The BBS TRD pro and the heritage wheels are exactly the same except for the color.

they will fit your 2021 LC!

The BBS TRD pro and the heritage wheels are exactly the same except for the color.

The BBS TRD Pro wheel has one other difference as well. It will say PRO near the flange, not TRD like on the heritage wheel...but yes...they will all fit a LC or Tundra...all the same.

The BBS TRD Pro wheel has one other difference as well. It will say PRO near the flange, not TRD like on the heritage wheel...but yes...they will all fit a LC or Tundra...all the same.

thanks both. Appreciate it.

If you want it to say "TRD" near the flange but don't mind getting black, just order PT960-34200-2. These are not used on the Tundra TRD PRO, but is an accessory wheel for Tundra Sport model. At that point, the only difference is the color between that wheel and the heritage wheel.

If you want it to say "TRD" near the flange but don't mind getting black, just order PT960-34200-2. These are not used on the Tundra TRD PRO, but is an accessory wheel for Tundra Sport model. At that point, the only difference is the color between that wheel and the heritage wheel.
Awesome! Will need to rethink my mods complete signature.

looking to do the same, what year is your LX? also how has performance been without spacers? thanks
here they are on my 2018 with 275/70/18KO2s
1618338360558.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom