New TRD Oil Filters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
CruiserDan & company:
What's the skinny? Of course I'm such a newbie this could be old news to you guys. **********************************************
"TRD is pleased to introduce a new line of TRD Performance Oil Filters for Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Constructed of a sturdy steel outer shell, the oil filters feature arch-pleated media for low flow resistance. A combination silicone by-pass and anti-drain back valve allows for good lubrication during cold-start without allowing dirty oil back into the engine after shutdown. Additionally, the less than 2-psi pressure drop offers better engine protection."
http://www.partznet.com/trdoilfilters.html

Usual disclaimer - tango no interest whatsoever.

Cap,

I saw the intro just before I went to Southern Utah for a week. Just got back tonite (1000 miles round trip) I have yet to see one in person. It would be hard to beat the 90915-20004 filter. I will get one and cut it up and see what's inside.

Regards, Dan :beer:

The 00602-90915-004 is small but a flat seal unlike the yzzb5 one has a round (cable like) seal. I will try it on the fj60 as the OEM doesn't seal (it leaks). I hope it can handle 20w50 oil.
kurt

Kurt,

>> I will try it on the fj60 as the OEM doesn't seal (it leaks) <<

Are you sure you have a Land Cruiser? It sounds like someone sold you a Land Rover. Everything on your truck leaks and the OEM parts don't fit. Can you post a picture so we are sure you have a Land Cruiser? :G

-B-

Now, now, Mr Wulf,......aren't we being just a bit hard on our friend? :dunno: Not everyone can properly tighten an oil filter. :ugh:

The filter on the 80 doesn't leak!!!
That is the only leak on the 60. I fixed all the other leaks.
The only leaks on the 80 NOW is the oil pan and some where on the timing chain cover.
kurt

Kurt,
You overdid it a bit on the resizing with IrfanView. Maybe a teensy bit bigger if you want us to believe that's a Cruiser and not a Rover. :G

-B-

Kurt,
The next time that thing leaks touch your finger in the fluid and taste it and smell it. It could be grease, coolant, oil, water, or ATF. Let us know what you taste and smell and we can help identify what is leaking.   :G

BTW, you're still struggling with pic resizing. RTFM.
-B-

Kurt,

>> How did you do that to my pic? <<

Whadda you mean *your* pic? It's mine now!

Go outside and check underneath your FJ60. You'll find it no longer leaks from the oil filter. I fixed that for you too.

You forgot to put a little oil on the seal and it was over-tightened. It's fixed now but next time use an OEM filter and follow the directions on the box. Tighten until the gasket touches, then 3/4 turn and STOP.

:beer:
-B-

No can do. It is sold. The guy is comming on friday to pick it up.
Now I can't test the TRD filter :cry:

:dunno:
So has anyone tried the TRD filter?
I would be interested to know if there is any improvement on a cold start?
I am still bothered by the dry "rattle" @ start up.

C-Dan,
Have you had a chance to disect one yet?
Eduardo

I still have the TRD filter and will use it on the 80. I don't have a oil rattle at start up now. I am using the yzzb5 filter.
kurt

Went to change my oil last weekend and figured I will try the TRD filter. Went to my dealer, sat there for 15 minutes while the parts guy searched through book after book and then told me $13.95 special order. I guess I will run a K&N for another 3,000mi. :givecrap:

hmm reading this the filter is good:

"The alternative to this is the TRD filter part# 00602-90915-007. The TRD filter is the essentially the same as the old 20004 and is priced the same also ($7.58)."

http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html#131

but you guys say the gasket is different? so it cannot be identical, if it has the same odd ball media and high quality bypass valve as the discontinued 20004 I'll use them,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom