New Transmission Mount Differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Threads
This weekend I replaced the transmission mount along with installing a new Trail-Trailor creeper skid.

When I removed the old mount, a noticed the center bolt head was sticking up as shown in the picture below.

It looks like the rubber mounts (over 20 years old) started to shrink with age. The center bolt started to push from the mount top. Over time, I see the transmission mounts shrinking and becoming brittle.

This is just another rubber mount that has been replaced as part of my 1999 model's baseline activity. The new mount just added another touch of smoothness to an already smooth driving vehicle.

Note that I did determine the mount is directional and the P faces the rear -- after I removed the old mount.

1612706516753.png

For a new mount, the center bolt is tight against the mount body as shown in the picture below.

1612706330291.png

Installed with the TT new creeper skid. I primed and painted the skid using Rustoleum International Harvester Red Tractor Paint

1612706892301.png

Last edited:
I’ve had a new one sitting here in a box for 6 months...might install one of these days 🤷🏻‍♂️ Have you changed the engine mounts, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom