New Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series Overlander Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just ordered a new Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series 4.5 diesel twin turbo (white) to do the great lap of Australia including some of the toughest 4wd tracks. Here's the list of accessories I've come up with including brands/suppliers shortlisted. I'd appreciate your input so we can select the very best gear to go on this rig. Look forward to collaborating on this project and sharing the progress as we go.

1599390865257.png

Last edited:
Looks like a nice build plan. The tlc will have a rpms, so you may not need to run that. Consider looking at the various skids options and look for one that is not weight bearing for the transfer case. Asfir 4x4 And budbuilt have an option there. You can get rlca skids from trail tailor.

+1 on BudBuilt skids

For an overlanding focus'd build, I'd personally watch weight, and perhaps opt for the lighter options as that in itself is a rather significant feature. It's easy to throw everything and the kitchen sink at a build. Overall weight is one of those things that greatly effects final performance. It's not exactly possible to bolt on less weight after the fact. The suspension, engine, everything works harder, is less durable, less efficient, less performant in the end.

In my professional world building systems and platforms - SWAP - size, weight, and power (use) is something engineering spends great amounts of time on. Everything is scrutinized because it all adds up dramatically with a cascade of impacts to where there's a real possibility the final product can't meet its mission objectives.

For an overlanding focus'd build, I'd personally watch weight, and perhaps opt for the lighter options as that in itself is a rather significant feature. It's easy to throw everything and the kitchen sink at a build. Overall weight is one of those things that greatly effects final performance. It's not exactly possible to bolt on less weight after the fact. The suspension, engine, everything works harder, is less durable, less efficient, less performant in the end.

In my professional world building systems and platforms - SWAP - size, weight, and power (use) is something engineering spends great amounts of time on. Everything is scrutinized because it all adds up dramatically with a cascade of impacts to where there's a real possibility the final product can't meet its mission objectives.
Great points. on another forum there is a thread pertaining to what mods did you make that in retrospect you wish you hadn't, good reading.

You're going to make ARB happy! Negotiate a discount if you make one large purchase for everything that's ARB?

Here's a video with some ideas, including tools and first aid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom