1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New toy...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by White Shark, Aug 7, 2005.

1. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    Cookiemonster and I have picked up another quality product from Husqvarna. Check out that cool concrete wet saw with the diamond blade on the Husq powerhead. The blade runs $300 alone. That's on top of the $850 powerhead. It's fricken rad to have the right tool for the job. It's worth every cent. That sucker eats concrete like a fat girl on a twinkie. :D Another quality Husq product. I just thought that you Husq fans might dig a fairly uncommon item. :D

By the way, the less than 30 hour Stihl MS660 on the right, with the 36" bar and 3 new chains has been reduced to $700. It's a killer deal and I have no use for Stihls as you can see. Make me an offer. PM me as usual.

2. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    Holy Hurricane Heaven, Batman.

Trees may fall, but you can cut them all.

3. Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster

MMMMMMMMM.....Twinkies.......... :)

4. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    I can try. PETA is next. :D

5. stayalert

stayalert SILVER Star

Sweet. Wear you hearing protection. I tried some of that saw chain that is without the antivibe/kickback bits between the links.

Awesome. my little sears (manufactured by husk apparently) with the 16" bar cut much more aggressively (stop laughing the saw is perfect for my needs :flipoff2: )

6. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    I stoped operating chainsaws years ago............ran em for years, figured I had used up my luck......

7. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    Hey Shark.........if we get on track for another storm that puppies mine.

8. clemson55

clemson55

Sounds like you pay to much for the diamond blade if you ask me. I use a stihl concrete wet saw at work and blades cost $100.

9. red dirt squirt

red dirt squirt

we use those concrete saws all the time down here in okie land doing highway construction and they really are quite a beast....they eat through concrete poured around wire mesh like its nothing when the blades are good.

10. PUPTLAM

PUPTLAM

Media:
    Albums:
    The boys over in SARDIP use a saw exactly like that for cutting apart stricken aircraft. Its awesome to watch some 18 year old kid just cutting up a multimillion $$$ f-18. I never got the chance to use one,,, but DAMN!!!! that looks like fun.

11. Jman

Jman

Can that cut through bluestone?

12. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    It depends on the blade. Green concrete uses different blades than old concrete. Asphalt blades are different too. There are all sorts of blades out there and they are all designed for specific tasks. I buy diamond blades for my Skilsaw that cost $60, but I know I can also buy the $20 economy model. You get what you pay for. More diamond grit, heavier contruction, and more linear feet of cutting per blade is usually what you get with the more expensive models.

I think that bluestone is usually cut with a non-segmented rim blade as the stone is fairly soft. Marble and porcelain are cut this way as well.

13. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

I need to rent one of them. The wife just decided we are moving the sidewalk and part of the driveway before winter comes, so she can get the yard landscaped for springtime.

The Local ACE hardware rents the ones that are on wheels, but I think I'd rather have one like that, based on the simple fact that with the cruiser not running, I don't have a vehicle to move one of the big wheeled ones -- Unless I manage to find that Pickup I'm looking for, of course.

And I have relatives that are professional foresters-- they all swear by Husqvarna.

Steve

14. Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster

Nice thing with this too is that you can p/up the cart and water tank for it, thus turning it into a walk behind. Best of both worlds. Cart and tank run about 400.00