New to us 2006 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well it's been a few weeks since we picked up a used 2006 land cruiser. I'll give alittle back story to the find. I've been looking for one for a few months now and ideally wanted a 06 or 07 for the extra power and most options. Looking online and Craig's didn't really give much options. I work at the mercedes Schumacher dealer up in north Scottsdale and every few days I roam the used car trade in lot to see what might have been traded in over the weekends. About a month ago I drove through the lot and look what got traded in.
IMG_5744.JPG
IMG_5743.JPG

I checked it out. Inside was very dirty and exterior has some dings and scratches but overall No major damages. Talked to my dealer and found they could sale it to me. So after work I brought it in for a full inspection on a lift

Last edited:
Couldn't believe it. No leaks with 208k miles. Anyway found the previous owner was original from when it was brand new. Finally made the deal with my dealer and was able to purchase. Hardest part was making the plunge as the interior was dirty/stained in spots and the exterior has seen better days but everything needed a lot of tlc. Sun does a lot of damage to paint over years. Lol. With the right price I took the plunge, smogged it and got the title and plates.
With the last few weeks I've been busy getting it clean, replaced some interior items and performed some small modifications

Last edited:
IMG_5930.JPG
IMG_5935.JPG
Talked with @murf and he connected me to his employee named Richard to get some much needed Toyota parts. Richard was amazing and I started making orders.

Have to make a shout out to
@murf for his speedy help and willing to help a fellow mudder with a great parts hook up.

Performed much needed oil change
Flushed AHC fluid as it was very dirty
Replaced rf and rr door speaker covers
Replaced floor mats
Replaced one seat back cover with the netting. The other one is on backorder
Had the detail department do the best they could to the interior, carpet still has some stains and needs a redo. Overall I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:
Man that turned out great. Congrats!! :cheers:

Interior come out ok?

IMG_5949.JPG
IMG_5954.JPG
IMG_5992.JPG
Installed rear mud flaps eliminators from @LandCruiserPhil last weekend. Then a few days later removed the running boards.

Last edited:
Man that turned out great. Congrats!! :cheers:

Interior come out ok?
Interior is coming along. Unfortunately the previous owner spilled coffee on the carpet and that's not coming out too good. Detail dept. says best case is to remove the carpet so they can power wash and shampoo it. I'll probably do that in a few months. For now the new floor mats, seat back and new speaker covers helps make the inside much better

IMG_5912.JPG

IMG_5916.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats on an great looking rig friend!! Can't wait to explore with you guys!

Jason that looks great, for over 200k in mileage she still looks new. Fantastic find.

Well that looks familiar for some reason. Can't exactly put my finger on where I have seen something similar... :hmm:

Congrats on the new rig. The 06/07's were tough to find years ago... I think karma was smiling down on you.

Looks incredible. Great find and nice work on bringing her back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom