New to Tucson..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
crazymexican.com
Hello everyone,

The fam and I just moved here and I was wondering if 285X75 16's Geolander Yoko M/T were plenty big enough for the most part. Reason for asking is that I could squeeze 305X70's in but wanted to fit it in my garage. I'm getting ready to purchase them and will be stuck with them for awhile. I'm excited to run into some fellow cruisers since I've been going a lot of places alone and running into Jeeps but no one TLC. FYI I have a 3in OME lift..
So two memberships needed....one for CSC and ATLC? May have to sell my beagle....

Welcome to Tucson. You should try to make it out to our next get tother. The details are posted here and on the CSC website.

Will do...

We just had our first hatchling but the wifey is pretty cool about me hanging out with trail heads (&motor). She says she'd rather see me hanging outside loitering than in a strip club. So for sure I'm in on the next meet. Plus I'm pretty willing to drive awhile to hit trails or for a good sonic burger. Thanks for the welcome...

woodsfj40 said:
Welcome to Tucson. You should try to make it out to our next get tother. The details are posted here and on the CSC website.
Does anyone know a good place that works on TLC. Just found out that my HOA won't let me work on my ride outside. Like doing my own work, but $$200 fine is not worth it.

ripleykantoo said:
I was wondering if 285X75 16's Geolander Yoko M/T were plenty big enough for the most part. Reason for asking is that I could squeeze 305X70's in but wanted to fit it in my garage....
So two memberships needed....one for CSC and ATLC? May have to sell my beagle....

Maddbaggins has a set of those tires, contact him about the thumbs up or down.

When budgeting membership always remember that CSC is most important, the others are optional and can be put off till a later date! :cool:

What's going on man, let me first say welcome!

a) I got the hookups for you on work as a good friend of mine has an auto shop and I can use his lift or whatever any time. You're also welcome to come out to my place and try to drive over stuff when we aren't trying to fix whatever.

b) Major congrats on the baby! I love um but damn they make you soft!

c) Give me a call any time at 829-4274, I'd love to bs or get together sometime..

d) I need tires too so let's talk and try to pool our junk to get a deal!

Welcome to Tucson! Look forward to meeting you.
I'm running those tires for the last year. I like them, good road manners and they seem to like the rocks and sand. My driveway is always open for wrenching. I don't have a stinking HOA and I like wrenching. I'm on the east side. Give me a holla if you need help. :cheers:

Thanks for the driveways and lifts guys. Already starting to feel better about the move here. When I get extra money after the tire purchase I'll fix my power steering and get some sliders. MaddBaggins I was wondering if you ever thought of running the 305 Yoko MT + I ran 285X75 on a Pajero Turbo Diesel and loved them. Can't decide if I want the full 12 in wide or not. Just when you think you know what you want.

As far as size I will probably stick with 285/75 r16. It is a pretty common size. I am setting my truck up for more expedition than rockcrawler. If I loose a tire out in the boonies or in Mexico or whatever I don't want a huge hassle looking for a new one. When I bought the truck it had BFG MT's. They were pretty worn out and made a lot of noise and vibration so I went to AT's for better road manners. I may try MT's next time. I am undecided there.

Mt's

Well on that note I'm going to stick with the 285/75 MT's. I loved them on my other ride. The new compound lasted so much longer and they are great on the highway. Thanks for the info and I'll let you drive my ride to see what you think on the new M/T's.
Peace...

Rip,
Again...welcome. Dual mebmership is not needed to be a member of CSC. Like Kevin said, the most important thing in your life should be membership in CSC. AZLCA and TLCA all come after CSC;)

BMAN said:
Rip,
Again...welcome. Dual mebmership is not needed to be a member of CSC. Like Kevin said, the most important thing in your life should be membership in CSC. AZLCA and TLCA all come after CSC;)

I agree and well said BMAN! I'm a noob in this club, but I know these local guys have my back if needed. It may cost you a few cold ones for wrench work, but it seems they are all very friendly and willing to help. CSC ROCKS! :beer:

Memberships are for memeber and short of cool stickers that you can buy instead of memberships I say BLAZE a damn trail! Hate that side of everything.. What's the point in a membership to anything that doesn't have to do with renting a movie?

sonoranfun said:
Memberships are for memeber and short of cool stickers that you can buy instead of memberships I say BLAZE a damn trail! Hate that side of everything.. What's the point in a membership to anything that doesn't have to do with renting a movie?

How about the State Trust Land permit that every member of CSC gets, or the cool t-shirt, or even better, the cool new people that you can network with and become friends.
And, getting out there as a club and doing good things like trail cleanups so we can build a good reputation for ourselves and other offroaders. Far to many people have a bad opinion of offroaders, so by getting together as a group and doing good things we can put a good face on our beloved hobbie.
You don't have to join, but this club is a good thing, full of good people. :cheers:

Wow Alvin. Kinda brought a tear to my eye there. Damned good points, every one of them.

Cantinero said:
I'm a noob in this club, but I know these local guys have my back if needed. It may cost you a few cold ones for wrench work, but it seems they are all very friendly and willing to help. CSC ROCKS! :beer:

ehh go ta hell fawkin noob!!! nice guys, got your back, your a real sharp tack arent ya?? :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

sonoranfun said:
I say BLAZE a damn trail! Hate that side of everything.. What's the point in a membership to anything that doesn't have to do with renting a movie?

wow that mustve come from the nissan and/or jeep in your sig cause I KNOW cruiser folks dont think like that. :ban:

course you were just bein sarcastic, right?

RHINO said:
ehh go ta hell #%@^in noob!!! nice guys, got your back, your a real sharp tack arent ya?? :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Ouch RHINO! You almost hurt my one feeling. And to think I thought we were going to be drinking and wrenching over a keg of Fat Tire some afternoon. BTW I'm a sharp enough tack to give you a flat. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom