New to the South Bay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I wanted to introduce myself as I’m new to the area - Manhattan Beach to be precise. I drive an ‘88 FJ62 that I’ve had since 2016. It’s my first cruiser and it’s been a great truck to me. I came from NC where I was somewhat active in the Old North State Cruiser group while in college, but moved up to DC afterwards and the truck sat in storage for a year and a half or so. I made the cross country trek late last year and the truck has been along for some adventures since then.

I’d be interested in some of the club meet ups, weekend trips, wrench days, etc. depending on when and where they happen. Looking forward to meeting you all.

7F65DE77-30F0-4992-85AA-28F23F88BC31.jpeg

CD2F144A-99C9-44D2-8F5A-0CC163C7AB1F.jpeg

B1170699-4AFD-48F4-868C-B94337E8D37D.jpeg

Hello all,

I wanted to introduce myself as I’m new to the area - Manhattan Beach to be precise. I drive an ‘88 FJ62 that I’ve had since 2016. It’s my first cruiser and it’s been a great truck to me. I came from NC where I was somewhat active in the Old North State Cruiser group while in college, but moved up to DC afterwards and the truck sat in storage for a year and a half or so. I made the cross country trek late last year and the truck has been along for some adventures since then.

I’d be interested in some of the club meet ups, weekend trips, wrench days, etc. depending on when and where they happen. Looking forward to meeting you all.

View attachment 2573929

View attachment 2573930

View attachment 2573931
@Hokierig welcome to the best coast. Great photos! I'm not far over in Windsor Hills. Love the Manhattan Beach area. I surf the pier often. I had a 78 Vespa twist shifter back when I lived in NYC. Special bikes.

Are you familiar with the south bay? We were just exploring down in Palos Verdes this weekend. So much good wheeling around here. As a family, we like to do quick trips up to Hungry Valley, but plenty of BLM nearby for camping and wheeling.

@Hokierig welcome to the best coast. Great photos! I'm not far over in Windsor Hills. Love the Manhattan Beach area. I surf the pier often. I had a 78 Vespa twist shifter back when I lived in NYC. Special bikes.

Are you familiar with the south bay? We were just exploring down in Palos Verdes this weekend. So much good wheeling around here. As a family, we like to do quick trips up to Hungry Valley, but plenty of BLM nearby for camping and wheeling.
Oh very cool! El Porto is my home break so I spend most of my time there. I just fabbed up a quick rack for the Stella (Vespa P series copy from 2007) so I can go up and down the coast to surf.

I’m definitely interested in doing more wheeling this year. I’m signed up for Solid Axle Summit this August so I’d like to get some trips in to get the truck in order. It’s moderately built, but I haven’t done much off roading besides forest roads and light trails back east. Hungry Valley, Alabama Hills, Joshua Tree, and Kofa are all on the list for this year.

116C33F3-289F-4678-B282-85A0EF59D47A.jpeg

Hi @Hokierig,

Socal TLCA is currently (since COVID-19) meeting in south Orange County, so that's a bit of a hike from MB! We used to meet in Westminster (closer to you), but it was an indoor venue. We'd love to have you join us for a run or meeting, though, if you don't mind the drive. We're meeting this Sunday, 2/7/21, at 3:00 PM. I'm just about to post a meeting reminder here. It will have location details.

BTW, my brother has a nicely built FJ62 with 5 speed conversion in the LAX area. Small world!

Welcome to SoCal, @Hokierig !

I am a Hungry Valley "local" up in north LA County. Let me know if you're ever keen for a run up this way - would be happy to show you around some.

Jon
Will do! I’ve only been there once, but looks to be a good testing ground for the baselined truck

Hi @Hokierig,

Socal TLCA is currently (since COVID-19) meeting in south Orange County, so that's a bit of a hike from MB! We used to meet in Westminster (closer to you), but it was an indoor venue. We'd love to have you join us for a run or meeting, though, if you don't mind the drive. We're meeting this Sunday, 2/7/21, at 3:00 PM. I'm just about to post a meeting reminder here. It will have location details.

BTW, my brother has a nicely built FJ62 with 5 speed conversion in the LAX area. Small world!
Would love to make it! I discovered a faulty wheel cylinder yesterday so I’m waiting on parts before any long drives though. I’ll keep an eye on the March meeting or any subsequent runs with the group. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom