New to the site (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

welcome to the blue's 40 world. a PTO winch will look like this
P1090717.jpg

Nice. Help creek lift have to check into that if anyone knows where I can find a shoulder belt. Let me know I think warn will be my best bet don't plan on getting in anything to get stuck in but neither did my brother at 3am wishing he had a winch

Welcome to the forum! As far as shoulder seat belts, I got a set from CCOT (Cool Cruisers of Texas) that are pretty nice. A good upgrade from the lap belts. When I did my power steering conversion (best mod ever), I got most of the parts from OrangeFJ45. Look him up on the forum... he's got most of what you need and provides excellent service.

Good luck!

Getting shoulder belts ps and disc brakes before I get the fun stuff

i suggest you slow down a little and do some research...........

the first thing you need to figure out is what you want to do with the cruiser and how it will be used. then build accordingly.

there are a few mods that will definetly make the cruiser more fun and safer to drive. the two at the top of the list are power steering and more importantly, disc brakes.
if you plan on doing a 4" lift, then you might want to consider the sag ps conversion but it all depends on what size tire you plan on running.
as for the disc brakes, go with the later cruiser or minitruck oem parts and swap them onto your existing housing. not very difficult to do, been done a thousand times and there are grea write-ups on this site non how to complete the job. same goes for the ps. take a peek in the technical links, that should help a ton.

when you have those two mods done, you can go from there. that'll giv you some time to figure out what else you need/want to do.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

ps: i'd go with the warn 8274 winch myself. that's what i have on two of my rigs. they're indistructible, great line speed and will fit with either ps conversion.

wow Didn't expect a quick response I am from U.S. West Georgia.. And I've been debating on a skyjacker with nitro shocks... for $976.. seems like a good deal.

I have Skyjackers and like them - their religious pamphlets, not so much :rolleyes:

I agree that disks brakes will be a huge improvement - who needs power steering :meh: :flipoff2:

Yes disc brakes and power steering is on the first to do list as I said I want to make it a daily driver and have a fun off-road ride there isn't anything extreme over here just cruising trails. First things first seat belts ps and disc brakes hate hunting for parts lol looking for kits. Tire size I'm not one to care really 33's ? 31's are on it now but I'm open to suggestions

Looks like you have a good solid rig to atrat with. Love the color too! I guess I got a little lucky with mine n that it already has PS and Disc up front so I never had to deal with not having it. But I would say those are both great starting points to an excellent DD. Welcome to MUD!:flipoff2:

The color is from the new fj. I parked beside a new fj last night and the guy driving ask what is that. Told him to compair front ends and take a wild guess. He said a fj? Lol then he brought out his camera and took some pictures

I find it interesting how many newer FJ owners don't know what an original FJ40 even looks like. It cracks me up!

Man I'm getting where I call it a jeep easier just to go along with it tired of explaining . This man on a Harley came up beside ne saying nice land cruiser and I told him he was the only one so far that knew what it was .

Nice! Welcome and need more pics.

Rear differential is leaking gonna have to get a gasket or something..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom