1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the site, questions to follow

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by drewmen72, Mar 1, 2007.

1. drewmen72

drewmen72

Hey everyone, new to the site. Just purchased a 68 landcruiser. I have always wanted one since owning an Early Bronco and Jeep. I am very excited about starting this project.

The first thing I would like to fix on this would be the brake situation. It currently has 4 wheel drum as normal being stock. I would like to change to 4 wheel disc or a very minimum of front wheel disc. I plan on changing the master cylinder and would like to get booster if possible.

I have looked online at many different options, are they good or bad ways to go. I see the kits online are a little pricey. i have also seen the modification with an 80s mini truck front end.

Is there a good company or ones to stay away from as far as parts for the landcruisers. Not looking to bash any company, just do not want to fall into any pitfalls.

Thanks in advance
    Drew

2. tlcruiser66

tlcruiser66

SOR is expensive and their shipping isn't cheap but they have nice OE replacement stuff, Man-a-fre is a little better priced and their 4+ parts are sweet, BTB is about the same price as MAF but their parts are really sturdy (steering parts are all i've bought), cool cruisers I havnt' dealt with but i've heard good and bad. There are a lot of companies out there, these i've tried. Hope that helps a little.

Kevin

3. bandy rooster

bandy rooster

i'd go and find a mini truck front end for around 100 bucks to start you out on the conversion. for the rears many people make brackets (poser here on mud, gravel maker a vendor here) and probably a gillion other places... stay away from JT OUTFITTERS