new to the site. 75 land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just picked this 75 land cruiser up about 2 weeks ago. trying to bring it back from the dead. been sitting in my step dads back yard for at least 6 years. talked him into selling it.

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

on 35's
holey carb
pto winch
electric fuel pump

plans of now are just to replace worn out parts and get her running .has a rusty fuel tank that clog'd the filters. got the tank out yesterday tho should be up and running this next week. put a new battery in it. she is in good shape tho. no major rust on the body that i can tell yet. but im excited to have this yota and cant wait to get it going :rawr:

Last edited:
thanks! and yeah the body only has very little rust on the under carriage , definitely no cancer tho . there was rust in the fuel tank tho . would not run very well as it clog'd up the filter lol. i just got it cleaned up today. ill have to post some pics . i hope to have it up and running again later this week.

Congrats and welcome!

Welcome! Glad to see anothe Cruiser owner, so here you go...:flipoff2:
Your official Cruiser salute!

There's a lot of helpful info here, take your time and read up.
:cheers:

Holy tube bumper!

Welcome to the addiction

Welcome to the '75 club! (if there was one).

Welcome to the party. :popcorn:
Are those VW turn lights? Someone was asking how they looked on a 40.. Kind of interesting..
Is the person walking away (with hands in pockets) a happy person?:rolleyes: or did you just spend all the savings??
Best.

Welcome to the party. :popcorn:
Are those VW turn lights? Someone was asking how they looked on a 40.. Kind of interesting..
Is the person walking away (with hands in pockets) a happy person?:rolleyes: or did you just spend all the savings??
Best.

yes they are v w signal lights. i kinda was thinking abount moving them up on top of the fender . and lol she was not against me getting the yota . got it for a pretty good price

Welcome!!! Bolt your wallet shut now while you still can!

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

yeah i know im already starting to realize how hard it is to find parts that are not way expensive lol. makes me wonder who the last owner was that really sunk money in to it and how much. i got it off my step dad and mother who have owned for about 15 years . and they did not do a whole lot of modifications to it , just general up keep and maintenance( at least for the first 9 years that they had it lol it sat for the most part the last 6 years) . 96 % of whats pictured is how they bought it minus that the paint is now dead and a little surface rust is showing up on the under carriage now.

well i'm sure most of u have seen this up for sale in the classifieds and if not heres the link https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/602027-fs-trade-75-fj40-wyoming.html had some unexpected financial issues pop up this summer . one besides being broke lol i am also stuck in a s***ty little apartment with no garages and not being aloud to work on your vehicles on the property sucks (plus the owner of the building lives up the street and enforces that rule). anyways on a good note i get a nice fat raise in 6 more months so if it does not sale i should be able to get into a house with a shop or at least a garage after i get the raise in pay. then be able to put my original plans back on track for the cruiser. but i have done a couple of small things to it . I removed the tank and removed the rust from the inside. cleaned the fuel lines out and replaced the filters. I also found the accelerator pump was not working in the carb , so I took on my first carb rebuild . i should of taken pics of the rebuild cuz it was bad inside the fuel bowl and metering valve. it was all plugged with varnish from sitting for so long. anyway carb rebuild went good and she is back up and running. right when i re installed the carb me and my son went to take it for a test drive and the old throttle cable freaking snapped as i tried to pull it out of the parking lot lol . so new throttle cable was installed. I plan on finally installing the back seat , a new choke cable and fine tuning the carb . should all be done this week .

heres some more pics

TEQ ! :D
IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

Last edited:
Well it's a bummer you have to sell so soon, hope it works out that you can keep it if that's what you want. Best of luck!

-Daniel

^^ yeah so far looks like ill be keeping it . i could really use the money if it sold but at the same time i don't want to see it go. times are hard for alot of people right now. but if i keep it she will go threw alot of cleaning up . for sale ad will be taken down as soon as i get threw these financial problems.... bleh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom