New to the platform. Looking at a ‘77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those stands are made by Sumner. They are designed to work with pipe, hence the cradle support, but they work very well for supporting vehicles to. Adjustable up to 40+” or so

11079E3B-6556-4A8D-A34B-340D8082ED1D.png

426718F3-43FA-4EF1-9E50-2BDAEC9DAFA8.png

2500lb stands.....$75-ish at Walmart.

Zoro sells them too. Every couple months the have a 20% off coupon for registered members which knocks the price down to under $60 each. That’s a screaming deal as the stands are well made.

So the shop that the PO had do the work on my 40 installed a panhard bar on the front of the truck. This 40 has stock suspension with a 350 sbc and power steering. What would be the biggest benefit of having a panhard on this?

So the shop that the PO had do the work on my 40 installed a panhard bar on the front of the truck. This 40 has stock suspension with a 350 sbc and power steering. What would be the biggest benefit of having a panhard on this?

none. You shouldn't need a panhard for leafs.

Thats what I thought, but they must have had some reasoning behind adding it. All the work was done by a local fab shop the builds street rods.

Great looking '40!

Obviously, a front panhard rod gives the suspension lateral stability, but it's the first one I have heard of. Proper leaf springs with good bushings should be all you need to locate the front axle. Please post a pix of this rod and how they attached it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom