New to the platform. Looking at a ‘77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are the part number for the hub caps. 42621-60010 solid. 42621-60020 for the hole for free wheeling hubs. 42601-60072 for the wheels. Shop around for the best prices.

While cleaning up some stuff today came across a set of new hub caps bought years ago. Here is the the complete part numbers.
IMG_20200912_140412642.jpg
IMG_20200912_140408004.jpg

Pretty sure I paid right around $80 plus tax for three close and two open caps. Checked the same dealer online and that's now close to $95. Still a good deal for a complete set of OEM hub caps.

I actually grabbed a set of caps today from marketplace for $50. They are off an original truck and have just the right amount of age on them to match the ”survivor“ look im after.

I did break the grill emblem removing it. I was paying so much attention to not snap the studs off and was surprised by the emblem breaking between the o and y of toyota. Damn these are like $100 bucks new. Does anyone have an old one with studs intact?

If I get some time in the shop today I will look to see if I have a used Toyota emblem. I replaced all of mine and some were still in decent shape.

I would invest in a set of JIS screwdrivers and some kroil oil. Japanese phlllips screws are a different shape than US.

Looks like you have a great project rig! Keep posting pics, everyone loves pictures.

Curious if that is your barn or the sellers? That thing looks awesome.
BTW, congrats on your purchase!!

Curious if that is your barn or the sellers? That thing looks awesome.
BTW, congrats on your purchase!!

Thanks. I pressure washed the truck yesterday and started to scuff out some of the rusty surfaces. Stripped the interior. No disappointments so far except breaking a couple bolts.

I’ll post some progress pictures later.

it is my barn.

94B61295-3E2F-48A9-A39C-54ADCCB4099B.jpeg

57F96505-26B7-4DD4-8D9E-387E1F514400.jpeg

Whoa, I have barn envy big time. I am looking at building one on my farm next spring and this is close to what I want to build.

If I get some time in the shop today I will look to see if I have a used Toyota emblem. I replaced all of mine and some were still in decent shape.

I would invest in a set of JIS screwdrivers and some kroil oil. Japanese phlllips screws are a different shape than US.

Looks like you have a great project rig! Keep posting pics, everyone loves pictures.

i appreciate you looking for the emblem. I dont need a really nice one as i will most likely blast and paint. Just want good studs. Thanks

Would you guys keep this auxiliary gas tanks? I don’t plan on doing any real long trips or over landing with it. I would just like to simplify the electrical as much as possible since there are some gremlins present. Getting rid of the tank seems obvious to me, but I’m open the hear opinions.

Thanks. I pressure washed the truck yesterday and started to scuff out some of the rusty surfaces. Stripped the interior. No disappointments so far except breaking a couple bolts.

I’ll post some progress pictures later.

it is my barn.

View attachment 2434460

View attachment 2434461
Sweet barn! Way jealous. Welcome to the broken bolt club! I can’t tell you how many I broke on my restoration. Mostly cause I’m impatient and I love my little stubby Milwaukee impact wrench!

Pulled the aux tank today. Here it is. Nicely made.

904833D0-448D-49E1-963C-7CD8938A7A20.jpeg

E3EE46E1-C6A5-45DF-AAD3-06E32018CDE6.jpeg

Would you guys keep this auxiliary gas tanks? I don’t plan on doing any real long trips or over landing with it. I would just like to simplify the electrical as much as possible since there are some gremlins present. Getting rid of the tank seems obvious to me, but I’m open the hear opinions.

I have three of them I already pulled out of FJ40s. Have a fourth FJ40 I will be pulling out. Back in the seventies I used the second tank that was in my first FJ40. Now if I ever need extra gas would carry some jerry cans in my M416. 99% of the time the original tank is all I need. Good chance it if goes any distance it will be on a car hauler.

That looks to me like the Man-Fre design, does it have the skid plate too? Very nice.

No skid plate on it, but its pretty darn thick.

So now that I no longer have the rear auxiliary tank, what goes through the second hole in the rubber floor gromet in the center of the floor? Does anyone have a diagram Or am I missing something obvious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom