new to the page. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello all im sayiing Hi and hoping to be able to glean lots of good info from all you knowledgeable gear heads. so brief history that brought me to love the fj40 series. my father owned a '69 40 when i was little. we lived in the mountains of eastern washington in an off grid cabin he and my uncle built. eventually we moved back to seattle and the rig was sold. later on i too moved to the eastern side of the state and purchased my first fj40 it was a '74 it had a ford 262 straight 6 in it with a power steering unit dr frankenstein may have installed. i loved it and i never got stuck but eventually it too had to be sold as i had many vehicles and a young family to support. i knew very quickly i would find it difficult to replace. it took about 24 years and my wife and i were able to finally purchase another 40 series. roughly 7 weeks ago my wife found a 40 series i had never seen or heard of before in the next town over. we managed to gather the funds to make it ours about 3 weeks ago. its a 1984 HJ47 "troopy" from down under with the 2H engine. it has a turbo glide boost unit. im thrilled to have another 40 series with the space my previous FJ lacked. it has a full roll cage and power steering a local landcruiser shop installed. there is also a warn 8274 winch on board already pulled some offending rhododendron bushes out with. im new to the diesel world only other diesel ive owned was an 84 Toyota corolla but this egt gauge is new to me. the previous owner put the fear of heat in me and i find myself constantly watching the pyrometer ( poorly placed as the steering wheel blocks my direct sight of it). so no real questions at this point. i will say my errands taking at least an additional hour these days when i take the troopy.

sorry i meant to add some pics

20210529_140551.jpg

20210529_140609.jpg

Welcome back to the 40 universe! Troopies are so cool and rare. Enjoy the ride!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom