New to the LX470 scene (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow mudders! I am happy to announce I have a new addition to my land cruiser fleet. I picked up a new to me lx470 with 199k miles yesterday from a friend's auction. This is my first land cruiser newer than a 60! Wow, what a nice vehicle! We went to the auction specifically for this vehicle and luckily I was able to pick it up at my max bid after a good bidding war with another gentleman. My friends also had an fj60 up for auction that I was interested in, but it ended up going for a bit more than I wanted to spend, luckily the guy bidding against me on the Lexus ended up with it, so at least he went home with 1 cruiser!

Since I am new to this vehicle and as with any new to me vehicle I like to go through and check everything and fix/repair/maintenance anything i need to. I am wondering what you all suggest I take a look at and what maintenance I should do on the rig at this mileage.

I am going to have to familiarize myself with all the new buttons and gadgets that this vehicle has as I have never owned a vehicle with this many options and do-dads haha.

I appreciate any quick insight you LX Veterans can pass along. I look forward to getting to know this vehicle and for many years of fun ahead!

Congrats man....and how you gonna come in here and start a thread WITH NO PICS?

There is so much great info and knowledgeable people on this forum it's incredible. Definitely look through the stickied posts and FAQs. First thing make sure your heater Tees are replaced. Easiest thing to do and very critical if it fails.

Look up the definite AHC thread to see how to service that system and make sure everything is in spec.

When was your timing belt last changed? You can put the vin number in on the my Lexus site and see all the work that has been done at the dealer. This one is important, it should be done every 90k.

Other than that change oil, and differential fluid , grease u joints etc unless there are any other weird issues. Any issue you have I guarantee if you search someone here has had it happen and fixed it.

Bushings are probably getting old at this point as well. I know mine are at 189k miles, but it drives fine so I'm holding off.

Congratulations! Now check out heater T replacement before it's too late. Mine crumbled (luckily during other preventative maintenance) at 235,000 miles.

Welcome, get Techstream :beer:

Thanks for all the replies, I'm excited to start playing with this rig and making it my own!

Congrats man....and how you gonna come in here and start a thread WITH NO PICS?

There is so much great info and knowledgeable people on this forum it's incredible. Definitely look through the stickied posts and FAQs. First thing make sure your heater Tees are replaced. Easiest thing to do and very critical if it fails.

Look up the definite AHC thread to see how to service that system and make sure everything is in spec.

When was your timing belt last changed? You can put the vin number in on the my Lexus site and see all the work that has been done at the dealer. This one is important, it should be done every 90k.

Other than that change oil, and differential fluid , grease u joints etc unless there are any other weird issues. Any issue you have I guarantee if you search someone here has had it happen and fixed it.

Bushings are probably getting old at this point as well. I know mine are at 189k miles, but it drives fine so I'm holding off.

Sorry about no pics, I will get some and post them up soon! What was i thinking?!

what is the website address that I can find the service records on? I don't know for sure when the timing belt has been done so id definitely like to get that nailed down.

I was told that the AHC has been removed and different suspension installed but I have not confirmed that yet. I do know the AHC buttons don't seem to do anything so I'd imagine that it has been removed. Is there a quick way to tell if I still have stock stuff or if its aftermarket? I'm sure I can find something here on mud with a little searching but just have enough time here at work today to write this post, unfortunately no time for fun research today!

Congratulations! Now check out heater T replacement before it's too late. Mine crumbled (luckily during other preventative maintenance) at 235,000 miles.

These are the 2 heater tees at the rear of the engine correct? At least one of these failed when my friends daughter was driving it and they had it fixed, but I will double check them to be sure they both look new and replace if needed.
Welcome, get Techstream :beer:

I didn't even know this existed so thanks! Looks like a good diagnostic tool as well as allowing some other performance adjustments? I haven't looked into this very much yet but I will. It'll be a whole new world for me, but looks interesting!

Hello fellow mudders! I am happy to announce I have a new addition to my land cruiser fleet. I picked up a new to me lx470 with 199k miles yesterday from a friend's auction. This is my first land cruiser newer than a 60! Wow, what a nice vehicle! We went to the auction specifically for this vehicle and luckily I was able to pick it up at my max bid after a good bidding war with another gentleman. My friends also had an fj60 up for auction that I was interested in, but it ended up going for a bit more than I wanted to spend, luckily the guy bidding against me on the Lexus ended up with it, so at least he went home with 1 cruiser!

Since I am new to this vehicle and as with any new to me vehicle I like to go through and check everything and fix/repair/maintenance anything i need to. I am wondering what you all suggest I take a look at and what maintenance I should do on the rig at this mileage.

I am going to have to familiarize myself with all the new buttons and gadgets that this vehicle has as I have never owned a vehicle with this many options and do-dads haha.

I appreciate any quick insight you LX Veterans can pass along. I look forward to getting to know this vehicle and for many years of fun ahead!
I learned on my 2006 LX 470 that the previous owner changed the front brake pads but did not adjust the wheel bearings. They are adjustable and had too much play in them. I’ll only have experienced people help with this kind of service.

Welcome to the 💯 Club...🤙

Make sure you have extra keys

There could be some maintenance records on CARFAX as well as the Lexus website. Mine was serviced at Lexus up to the 100k mileage then the next owner used a local shop. All the service records were in the CARFAX report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom