New to the LC200! Can you guys help me figure out what I have? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there! So I am brand new to the LC200 and obsessed! lol. I managed to grab this 2015 that has some aftermarket accessories and I am trying to figure out what I have lol. Mainly the suspension components. I am familiar with the TRD wheels, although I am not the biggest fan of them. I noticed that my back end sits much higher than my front. I am curious exactly how much lift I have. I would prefer the look of it being level, however I do have a heavy trailer I tow so it might be best to leave it as is. I am also curious if I change my wheels and tire as to how big of a tire I can go. Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. I tried to look at the wheel and tire chart but I do not have access. Also, I really can't go figure it out myself until I know how much lift I am running.

20200703_100233.jpg

20200703_095249.jpg

20200703_100747.jpg

20200703_100802.jpg

20200702_190840.jpg

If you tow, don't level it. You can sell those wheels easily for some good money since a bunch of people want the rock warriors. Maybe look into some Fuel rims if you want the tires to stick out a little.

Looks like some form of Ironman, at least on the front. May have to do some process of elimination to figure out which one exactly.

Last edited:
SPC UCA and Ironman

Nice 200! And you're in luck because silver is one of the only colors that works well with the bronze wheel treatment. I prefer the 5-spoke HRE TR105 in bronze like in this 2016 TRD show truck:
2015_SEMA_Toyota_TRD_LandCruiser_001_6357285DFC2C37482EBAC43C2BE0EE5B89B30573.jpg

and if you don't feel like spending $8000 msrp on forged HRE rims, consider the Rota Wildstars (below) which I am surprised nobody on the ih8mud forum seems to know of or have? Everyone (except me) is gaga over the existing Heritage LC and various Tundra TRD wheel offerings, including the Rock Warriors that are on your truck which I am not a fan of either (you're not alone.) Most all of the other aftermarket wheel styles I've seen on ih8mud range from not terrible to meh to hideous - certainly not better than stock LC rims with a professional powdercoat or paint in a tasteful hue, IMO.

Below is a pic of the rare and relatively undiscovered Rota Wildstar in bronze. Very similar look to the HRE for about 1/10th of the price - because they're not forged. Another catch is it may take you a few weeks to decide exactly what exact offset and tire size combination you're going to go with. At least that's how long it takes me anytime I order custom wheels:
unnamed.jpg

Congrats on your purchase, enjoy your silver truck, and safe travels!
Bobby
'13 LC200
formerly SoCal, Vegas, and recently relocated to the DC area

Last edited:
Looks like the front is an Iron man Foam cell pro (adjustable) the upper control arm is SPC but i noticed that weld that makes me wonder if it was original. Post pics of the rear springs and suspension the previous owner could have added a spacer to compensate for load or towing. Depending on how much tongue load you have on your trailer you have to change something for your own application. Congrats on the new ride.

Give the folks at 49 Tire a call, they did the lift and can tell you exactly what you have and can help make some adjustments if needed.

I was the one in front of you to buy this truck. Ultimately I couldn’t justify the car payment, but I think you got a good one! The GPS devise they added was a turnoff too. Cheers!!

Those wheels are high-quality forged wheels the tires and wheels look fantastic on your vehicle but I guess it’s all about taste and how much money you have to throw around? If you’re married I got to hear the story that you can tell your wife well you need to spend a buck on new wheels and tires cause you’re talking $3000 to $4000minimum 😳

If you want to level it but still tow you can go to a shorter spring and add airbags. It’s a great setup for a broad range of uses.

Give the folks at 49 Tire a call, they did the lift and can tell you exactly what you have and can help make some adjustments if needed.

I was the one in front of you to buy this truck. Ultimately I couldn’t justify the car payment, but I think you got a good one! The GPS device they added was a turnoff too. Cheers!!

How did you figure out who lifted it? The guys at the dealership couldn't even tell me if it was lifted when I called LOL. Worst dealership I ever dealt with! I was pretty pissed about the GPS but literally could not find a comparable deal in the country. Good info though, I appreciate you sharing.

First pictures I saw gave the lift away. I looked at the CARFAX and noticed it was a 49 serviced vehicle so I gave them a call. They should be able to give you their full history with the VIN.

Yes, selling dealer was a PIA. Like pulling teeth trying to get photos and details.

I’m glad you were able to scoop it up being a local. Make sure to setup a My Toyota account and enter the VIN to get the maintenance history assigned to your profile.

I would roll with it as is to see if anything needs to be adjusted, you have a solid setup out of the gate. Also, give the Rock Warrior wheels sometime to grow on you, they are killer wheels and look great on the silver truck. Make sure treat/protect the KDSS valve screws, I’m sure they are free and good to go.

Great info bud. Thanks a lot. I kinda jumped on it because I knew it was a good deal so I was willing to put up with the bull****. I brought it to a local Toyota and paid them to do a full inspection on it and it came back with a clean bill of health! Really happy about that!

After finding out more about the wheels I'm pretty sure I will stick with them. I think it would look better with a little more tire on it so that might be in the future at some point.

Is the third row installed. I noticed mine gained rear height when I pulled the third row out.

Congratulations on the new truck! Personally I would change the rear springs, which are easy and inexpensive to experiment with. Firestone coil-rite airbags are also inexpensive and easy to install when you swap rear springs. You are going to love the 200. I've never been so happy with a vehicle (got mine Memorial Day weekend). Even my wife, who wanted to remain indifferent to this new thing since she thinks it's stupid to pay so much for a 100k mile used vehicle is totally in love with the ride and wants me to update our tacoma suspension now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom