New to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Whats up everyone? My name is Art and Im new to ih8mud. I dont know if Im in the right place for introductory or not but here it goes. Some of you might now me from the FJCFORUMS as Art31. I had an 07 FJ Cruiser fully modded which I sold last week, and i picked up a 97 80. The 80 is stock at the moment but orders have been made and parts are on the way for me to begin the build. I own an off road shop in North Hollywood,CA called Alpha Off Road. I love everything that has to do with outdoors. Here is a list of mods on the way for the new 80 and i should be starting the new build as soon as my new suspension arrives. I wont be touching anything until im done with suspension so until then i have to sit and look at the boxes and install everything one by one.

1: Slinky Long Travel Stage 1 from Redline Land Cruisers (complete kit)
2: 35" MTR's
3: Gears front and back 4.88
4: Arb Air Lockers front and back with compressor

I will start a build thread once i start to tackle everything. Meanwhile im very excited to be a part of the LC community now. I love my new 80 and i cant wait to have it standing the way i want it to be.

Welcome Art. Looking forward to you build and experienced obsevations from a shop owner and previous FJC guy.

I am curious as to why you dumped the FJ in favor of an 80. BTW, we like LC p0rn and figure that pics are proof.

Welcome Art.

An off road shop owner buys an 80 WITHOUT factory DIFF LOCKS? I never would have imagined that :)

Curious why you chose ARB lockers over...say Eaton? Harrop/Eaton

Thx guys. Ive always been a big fan of the ARB Air Locker. I got a real good deal on this 80 thats why i bought it. no lockers dont bother me anyway that can always be added, and it will be soon lol

I got rid of the FJ because i was kind of over the IFS, I really wanted a solid axle up front and 80's have always been a favorate for me. I grew up in the back seat of an 80.

Welcome to IH8MUD !!! And for the other posters not giving you the proper Mud salute, here it is.... :flipoff2:

Welcome

Thx guys. Ive always been a big fan of the ARB Air Locker. I got a real good deal on this 80 thats why i bought it. no lockers dont bother me anyway that can always be added, and it will be soon lol
Personally, I believe you're way better off not having factory lockers and adding ARB's. Oh, and :flipoff2: welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom