New to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been reading for help for a month now and just joined so I can tap into this great knowledge base. I bought a 1970 FJ40 about a month ago and have stripped all parts out of it including drive train. I am now doing the initial welding repairs (not much needed). The biggest will be the rear sill and both corners. I got the corners with the truck and will need to figure out the best deal for the sill. I hope you guys are cool with questions because I am sure to have many. From the month I have been reading it looks the best, most helpful forum of any, regardless of type, that I have seen. I retired Cisco IT and the forums were nightmares of ego. Now retired, it looks like this project should last me a year or more.

Welcome to Mud!

As mentioned, we like pics!

Take the time and money you expect to spend on it, and triple it, and that’s how much time and money you might spend if you are lucky

Take the time and money you expect to spend on it, and triple it, and that’s how much time and money you might spend if you are lucky
Wrong - these cars are lifetime investments of both time and money! o_O

Pics or your fj40 doesn’t exist
Here are the pix when I bought it. I will take some in the next day or so and show what it looks like now. One thing I haven't found yet at a price I am comfortable with is an original drivers seat. I will put up the pic of the part I do have, but I would like the rest all original.

fj40 1.jpg

fj40 2.jpg

fj40 3.jpg

fj40 4.jpg

Is that a John Deere 710 sitting in the field? Wrong color wheels but it looks like a 2 cylinder big bore JD
Not sure, that is the property where I got the FJ.

Here are some pics of how it is looking now. I am posting a new thread also with cam pix and a question.

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom