New to the forum, so many questions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

New to the forum, from Charleston, SC. I had a brand spanking new F150 with all of the bells and whistles, and sold it to buy an 01 LX with 135xxx miles on it for super cheap. Best decision i ever made. Now i have an LX and she's got a ring!

Anyways, I have a few questions and concerns. First being the most recent. This has happened 3 times. i turn the truck on and put it in drive and as i ease forward, it feels like the handbrake is on. As i get around 100-150 yards away, IT goes away. It just is super laggy for just the beginning. The next time it does it, i will try to remember to see if its only in first gear. Other than that, I have had no problems, other than the AHC giving out periodically when i have the boat. I plan on ripping it out in the future.

Second issue is a bumper. I recently sheared my front bumper off. No damage other than cosmetic. I have a painter who says it would cost a few hundred to fix and paint. My other option is more intriguing. My future father in law owns a steel fabrication company and can easily fab a bumper up, as long as i have a CAD design. i searched the web and found some interesting options and none i really liked. I have no idea how to make a CAD and was hoping someone on here has one. I would be willing to pay for the troubles. Once its made, i can have my welder and painter do the work. I run a boat business and employ both of them.

Third and final issue, for now. The rear trunk has taken a beating. As i said above, i run a boat business and have spilled chemicals, and paint in there. Safe to say the carpet and side plastic pieces are done for. I have seen some trunk builds where they basically replaced the plastic with aluminum/steel or diamond plate and started building the trunk system. I would like to do the same but with no drawers. I have searched for some builds and haven't come across the exact thing i want. Any thoughts of where to look for this? Also, if there is a CAD for this, i will pay for the trouble.

Thanks in advance for the help guys. If this message is in the wrong place, please let me know and i will fix it.

Last edited:
1 - Not sure, could be your e-brake bell cranks are frozen. Easy to get under there and have someone lift up and down on the e-brake handle to see if they're both moving.

2 - most people on here with CAD drawings of bumpers are vendors, I doubt they'd be too willing to give up the file. If you've got the time it's easy to mock a bumper up using cardboard. Then just take measurements and import into a CAD program. Google has some very simple CAD type programs.

3 - The contours of the sides of the cargo area would make it difficult to replace all that plastic trim with metal. Sounds like you just need to fab a big open top box that's the dimensions of the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom