New To The Forum - J100 2004 LC 👉🏻Looking for guidance!👈🏻 (1 Viewer)

Hi guys,

I just signed up. I have a 2004 Land Cruiser and have been looking around for proper recommendations on Tire Size, Wheel Size and Lift Kits.

I use my truck for weekend use driving partly freeways and partly unpaved dirt roads.

Any recommendations on:

1. Maximum Tire Size for Stock Wheels W/O a lift? (Currently running P255/70R18 but need significantly larger beefier tires)
2. Thinking about replacing wheels with Stock Tundra wheels with new Tires
3. Lift Kit Recommendations? Would love to find a set in the classifieds section but am open to purchasing a New Set.

TIA

There are some AMAZING looking setups which have given me a new outlook on what this SUV can really handle, far beyond what I had originally thought of Land Cruisers. Opened my eyes to Toyota's engineering prowess.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 5.23.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 5.24.09 AM.png

jLB

May be in need of a 12 step LC/LX program.
SILVER Star
[“Use the FAQ Luke!”]

It depends how you define “fit”...

On stock wheels, no spacers, no lift, no BFH, no heat gun, no cutting, I had no issues with:
285/65R18
275/70R18

(The wheels in your picture seem to be “Tundra steelies”, not stock on the 100 series, in the US)

Nice, just went through the 2nd link you were kind enough to provide, looks like the 275/70R18 is the perfect size to go with for that big but "fit" look.

Would want to go just a little bigger for the added clearance and am willing to do a heat gun to the flaps but not sure what a "BFH" or "well pinch weld" is.

jLB

SILVER Star
Nice, just went through the 2nd link you were kind enough to provide, looks like the 275/70R18 is the perfect size to go with for that big but "fit" look.

Would want to go just a little bigger for the added clearance and am willing to do a heat gun to the flaps but not sure what a "BFH" or "well pinch weld" is.

BFH = Big F’ing Hammer
pinch weld = a method of joining two panels that leaves a “standing” seam

A recent thread on the subject:

jLB

SILVER Star
BFH = Big F’ing Hammer
pinch weld = a method of joining two panels that leaves a “standing” seam

A recent thread on the subject:

Note: that you have to also figure out where to put the spare, the 275/70R18 is a very tight fit in the factory spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom