New to the forum and new to me 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all from Virginia here,

I've been lurking here for about 2 months since I picked the cruiser up and figured it was time to start an account. I had always been a domestic truck guy though knowing that Toyota made a quality vehicle. I have worked in the automotive industry for over a decade and sell heavy/medium duty trucks for a living. So trucks are certainly in my blood and I will say after making this step I couldn't be happier. Only problem is now I want all of the Landcruisers :p

So far I removed the running boards and added rated recovery points to the front. Next I plan on buying a nice set of tires and having a friend that is a fabricator fab up some bumpers. I bought the truck so the family an I could do some adventuring we have a new little one and I'm invested heavily in some other hobbies so trying to keep it simple at first. Though knowing myself it will likely end up all out at some point.

What mods do you guys recommend with keeping this in mind? I also planning on purchasing a Jackery and iceco fridge at some point. For now I would like to use the factory roof rack with some type of small thule box on one side and id like to be able to mount my maxxtrax and highligt up here. Anyone doing this and what are you guys using for mounting solutions?

Thanks for having me on the thread!

PGzxjS6 (1).jpg

Congrats on making the switch, you'll love the truck for sure. Check out Capital Land Cruiser Club (link in my signature) we are the local tlca chapter of MD/DC/VA

as far as mods go if you plan on actually doing any "wheeling" with it grab yourself a nice set of sliders to protect those rocker panels, sounds like you have everything else covered but just know ........ the build never stops lol

cheers :beer:

Congrats on making the switch, you'll love the truck for sure. Check out Capital Land Cruiser Club (link in my signature) we are the local tlca chapter of MD/DC/VA

as far as mods go if you plan on actually doing any "wheeling" with it grab yourself a nice set of sliders to protect those rocker panels, sounds like you have everything else covered but just know ........ the build never stops lol

cheers :beer:

Thanks a bunch @TRDdrew I'll certainly check out the club would be awesome to get up with some other locals. Good point on the rockslides honestly I should probably start there before the bumpers I suspect.

Nice looking LC, what year/mileage?

@Couvi Thanks a bunch! its an 04 with 118k on it at the moment
You bet. I consider 04 to be the best year (my opinion may be biased). Good find with such low mileage, and in thundercloud, great color. I’ve had mine for about 7 years now, still love it and plan to keep forever — bought with 100k now just hit 215k.

You bet. I consider 04 to be the best year (my opinion may be biased). Good find with such low mileage, and in thundercloud, great color. I’ve had mine for about 7 years now, still love it and plan to keep forever — bought with 100k now just hit 215k.
I love the color it matches my old buick cruising mobile :rofl:

Being in the truck industry its been a while since a vehicle really did it for me. I used to wheel a bit when I was younger but just cut back due to other hobbies and have only really had vehicles for transportation the last couple years. Glad to have something I really "love" again and I'm certainly obsessed. Only problem is now a need a gen 1 tundra (since we all need a pickup and parts compatibility) I need a 200 series (for the wife) and I at least need a 60 series (cause I love the look)

I love the color it matches my old buick cruising mobile :rofl:

Being in the truck industry its been a while since a vehicle really did it for me. I used to wheel a bit when I was younger but just cut back due to other hobbies and have only really had vehicles for transportation the last couple years. Glad to have something I really "love" again and I'm certainly obsessed. Only problem is now a need a gen 1 tundra (since we all need a pickup and parts compatibility) I need a 200 series (for the wife) and I at least need a 60 series (cause I love the look)
starting to sound like me lol

I'm sure you're all over it, but maintenance maintenance maintenance is where I would look first. Unless it's UTD on everything already. My truck was in good shape with 130k when I bought it a few years ago and it's cost me a few grand a year in little things here and there.

I'm sure you're all over it, but maintenance maintenance maintenance is where I would look first. Unless it's UTD on everything already. My truck was in good shape with 130k when I bought it a few years ago and it's cost me a few grand a year in little things here and there.
Just switched to mobile 1 synthetic about 2 weeks ago due to forums I found while lurking here, and will be doing the diffs/transfer case in the next couple weeks as well (when I can catch a cool weekend day lol). Was able to hunt down some service records for a tbelt also so that was great news. Any other suggestions you guys may have?

Just switched to mobile 1 synthetic about 2 weeks ago due to forums I found while lurking here, and will be doing the diffs/transfer case in the next couple weeks as well (when I can catch a cool weekend day lol). Was able to hunt down some service records for a tbelt also so that was great news. Any other suggestions you guys may have?
check the condition of the heater T's right near the firewall behind the engine make sure they aren't leaking and in good shape. i changed mine around 130k and the plastic was pretty brittle

@TRDdrew Thanks for the heads up just got done reading the thread about those in the faq. The truck is in the shop now getting some odds and ends done that the folks I got it from opted to take care of for me once its back im servicing the diffs and I will add this to my list as well.

What does everyone like for tires? Mine has 18s on it, I've been reading the FAQ thread and am torn between 275/70/18s or the 285/65/18s and my truck does not have AHC but it appears either of these sizes should be a problem. Not really trying to hit any welds or do any mods until me second set of tires as I will likely have found a third vehicle and lift it at this point

More importantly what brands do you guys like and recommend? I was dead set on KO2s just from past experience, but there seems to be a lot of great options out these days not to mention with some new family expenses I wouldn't mind saving a little bit of money if I can. Either way I don't intend to cheap out here as I know this is pretty much the most important part so not opposed to suggestions in the same price range either just wanna see what you guys like and think?

@TRDdrew I read good things about the falkens on here seems like a great tire.

Another option im looking at are the Geolandar M/T G003, I was originally set on all terrains as well but after reading up on these and looking at pricing they are looking like a great option.

@TRDdrew I read good things about the falkens on here seems like a great tire.

Another option im looking at are the Geolandar M/T G003, I was originally set on all terrains as well but after reading up on these and looking at pricing they are looking like a great option.
also a great option, im actually taking my falkens off not due to a dislike of the tire but rather to go to an MT most likely will be going with the geolander

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom