New to the crew with an '80 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
Threads
Well I'm just too excited to not start a thread. I purchased my first cruiser this weekend. It has a 2F that seems to run good. The PO drove this as a daily driver for at least the last year. It is not up to my standards to be road worthy yet as it has some nasty death wobble above 50 and a bunch of other stuff I want to take care of. It is exactly what I was looking for as the body is not nice, though there is almost no cancer other than one small spot on the rear sill, and is already lifted and has decent off-road tires. It's purpose will be a summer cruiser and something to take camping and probably a yearly trip to Moab. I know I have so much reading to do so bear with me as I have about a billion questions ready to unleash on everyone. Flame as necessary. Sorry, but I am too poor to buy a star at this time so you will have to follow the link to my PB album for a little while. There is so much to talk about, but I am trying to keep the wordage to a minimum as I know people hate to read and love to look at pics. I know there is some ghetto fabbing involved on this thing and is someting I am going to address (hopefully with your help) before I start cruising. Thanks for looking!

Evan

evantwheeler/Landcruiser - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Welcome!

You have a nice rig. There are a few issues that kinda pop out but who would want a "perfect" rig anyway!

One recommendation out of the gate: The welds on the rear spring perches and elsewhere look a bit questionable. The PO using it as a dd would not satisfy me of their soundness.

Again great times ahead wrenching and wheeling!

That Cruiser is definently a good starting point; fix those welded areas asap, give it a tune up, go drive it, then fix the other stuff when you can.

Welcome!

You have a nice rig. There are a few issues that kinda pop out but who would want a "perfect" rig anyway!

One recommendation out of the gate: The welds on the rear spring perches and elsewhere look a bit questionable. The PO using it as a dd would not satisfy me of their soundness.

Again great times ahead wrenching and wheeling!

Yeah, the rear shackle mounts for both the front and rear suspension need to be addressed. Also, there is some flat bar welded to the transfercase mounts with some very very poor welds. Once I find someone with a welder in the area, this stuff will get taken care of.

Not one of the KC's was wired up. Only one of the driving lights work. I pulled everything off as it was a little too much for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom