New to the area

Good morning.
I am new to the area figured I would come have a look see. I have an 89 bj74. Nothing too crazy. Just seeing what is all out there in this area.

40Habits

Sure... why not
Welcome to the Black Hills! We are having a meeting at Thirsty's this Friday at 7:30. You are more than welcome to come.

I may. Sadly my cruiser is sitting at my parents house in stl broken. It didn't like the road trip from Florida to here. Probably doing a head gasket, just need to find the piece to do a compression test first.

This the only forum for the group?

I would love to see your 74!!!!! Only rode in one diesel cruiser for about 5 minutes. Come to the meeting. Very easy going group.

My plan is to borrow a truck, rent a trailer. Sell my soul to the devil and get it up here. I'm a ginger so the last part will be difficult but... Yea

I need to order this compression tester piece and then start with that. Oh and test the turbo. Thankfully my first shipment of stuff came in so I have some tools. Lol my other 2 tool boxes will hopefully be here next month!

Lol yea you can't have the ginger quota off too much.

As far as machine shops around here... How are they? It's a diesel which makes things more expensive but as long as they can do the work correctly is what I need.

Ok I'll give them a check out.

This diesel shop by the "feeding South Dakota" (it's right down the road from my apartment)

Is it worth a crap?

I have a buddy who is a diesel guru. If you get your truck here I bet we can get it running no problem. Rapid Diesel is what your referring to. Do ok work but very pricey and I bet they have never worked on a Toyota before.

Fair enough. I'm still waiting on a piece to go a compression test. I guess they are actually making the piece still. But I'll head down this weekend and pick up the cruiser

Top Bottom