New to the 40 lots of questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No I don't have a carb, as I have told others, I was starting on a rebuild and the butterflies had been jacked with and they were froze up, so in taking them off they snapped off. So I am short one carb, don't have crank pully, don't have water pump, don't have alt or alt brackets, don't know condition of the fuel pump or the oil pump, don't know about the wiring. But that is what I was thinking as well, get the engine running. So I am looking for some of the parts in the wanted section of the forum.

I didn't pay much for this, so I figured that it was a good starting point. Keep the comments comming.

Darrin

I've got an old water pump, pump-pulley, fan, and alternator brackets and maybe some other stuff that you can have if you pay shipping. I'll pm you with the details, if you're interested let me know. But you may want to just look for a used motor in your local clubs or something. Ebay is good for Weber carbs.

Break it down..

Start on the engine and get it running while you have the fenders and bib off.

Looks like then you need some brake work.. Tackle that and redo the front axle and rear.

Put the body pieces on and or do some rust work/painting etc.

Then put the interior back together.

go 4 wheeling :D

Well I am trying to start on the engine, but I am having a lot of people write me and so people have parts that are very expensive for the things that I need and some people look like they are really trying to help me out by just giving me the parts and charging the shipping, so I am trying to sort out everything so I can get get some parts. Thanks again for the help.

Darrin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom