New to site what do you think (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im new to this forum if im posting this in wrong thread feel free to delete… just recently acquired a 1992 FJ80 3FE Auto 103,000 miles OME lift on 35” BFG Mud terrains. Id say its in really good shape minus a few things but hey its 30yrs old im happy with it… Got a whole list of stuff i want to do to it and fix the few things that need some attention…

What do you all think of it?

By the way located in central tx ATX area long time Toyota owner ex military and a diesel mech by trade

Have a great evening and hope to see some of you all out on the trail or whereever it might be
4BB03986-9E9C-4CAE-91F0-F169D58439AF.jpeg

89C07607-64AD-42DB-956E-D6F6BED46CCE.jpeg

Great rig. First thing you should do is to put on Raptor lights on the grill.

NOT!! J/K!! Nice rig.

Nice cruiser and welcome! What are you going to address first?
Radiator is rotted out in the process of replacing it plus water pump thermostat and and fan… The previous owner lets just say has no clue how to wire stuff and had to make own headlight harness and a few other things just replaced all vaccuum lines,

Next will be front axle seals and new plugs wires and fix power steering leak.

Not sure what else i can do cool mods etc… ideas?

Not a good start with only two pics....just saying man! We need engine shots, interior shots. Maybe even undcarriage as long as they are tasteful in an artistic kinda way. To be clear pictures of the rig not you.

Welcome to the party!

one of the coolest mod is an aftermarket temp gauge like a koso digital gauge on your dash. Do the EFI fuse upgrade or relocation of the EFI fuse should be next

Not a good start with only two pics....just saying man! We need engine shots, interior shots. Maybe even undcarriage as long as they are tasteful in an artistic kinda way. To be clear pictures of the rig not you.

Welcome to the party!
Ill get some more here soon

Welcome! That's a nice, clean looking rig.

Plan on some $$$ to baseline. That said, before you mod it too much, take it out, see what it's capable of, and also, figure out what you want and plan to do with it. Also gives you a chance to figure out what needs fixing, etc; but sounds like you already have done some of this.

Looks like you already have an expo rig with your Taco. You thinking the same for the FJ80? Or other usage or direction of a build? Or just going to keep it as is?

Also, we need more pictures of that beauty.

First mod I'd suggest are sliders. Some good rocker protection with get you farther than those raptor lights

Welcome and hope you get many enjoyable trips with it

Welcome! That's a nice, clean looking rig.

Plan on some $$$ to baseline. That said, before you mod it too much, take it out, see what it's capable of, and also, figure out what you want and plan to do with it. Also gives you a chance to figure out what needs fixing, etc; but sounds like you already have done some of this.

Looks like you already have an expo rig with your Taco. You thinking the same for the FJ80? Or other usage or direction of a build? Or just going to keep it as is?

Also, we need more pictures of that beauty.

First mod I'd suggest are sliders. Some good rocker protection with get you farther than those raptor lights
THE CRUISER HAS BEENE IN MY FAMILY FOR THE LAST 12 YEARS MY DAD BOUGHT IT BACK THEN AND HE BARELY USED IT JUST MAINLY A RANCH VEHICLE TAKE IT TO BEACH EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT MAINLY JUST SAT IN GARAGE REASON WHY IT ONLY HAS 100K MILES.. i HAVENT FIGURED OUT A DIRECTION ON BUILD JUST YET PROBABLY GOING TO LEAVE IT MAINLY AS IS JUST CLEAN IT UP SOME. LONG TERM WOULD BE TO DO A DIESEL SWAP BUT NO INTENTIONS ON DOING THAT UNTIL MAJOR FAILURE HAPPENS IF IT EVER HAPPENS.

SLIDERS IT DEFINALTELY NEEDS CURRENT ONES ARE ROTTING OUT BUT DANG THERE HARD TO FIND AND VERY EXPENSIVE MAY HAVE OT MAKE MY OWN.

ILL GET SOME MOR PICTURES WHEN I CLEAN IT OUT SOME THIS WEEK GOT PARTS ALL OVER INSIDE MESSING AROUND WITH STUFF..

THE MONEY YES I HAVE SOME SET ASIDE FOR THE BUILD I MEAN THE TRUCK WASA GIVEN TO ME SO THERE IS A LITTLE EXTRA DOUGH IN THE BANK

SORRY FOR ALL CAPS I SWEAR NOT YELLING AT YOU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom