New to San Diego, 1st post strange request. Help with marriage proposal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
San Diego guys,

Introducing myself, my name is Matt, moved to CA just north of San Diego last January. Came out here to work in baseball. Left everything behind in Michigan to make it happen. Excited to maybe become a part of the San Diego Cruiser community when I am able to move it out here later this year.

REQUEST: My loyal, amazing girlfriend has been putting up with a long distance relationship for 15 months now while I pursue this. It is time to propose and take the plunge. When I acquired my cruiser it was a special thing that she enjoyed as much as I did. I would like to incorporate a 40 in my proposal when I fly her out. I would like to rent or use someones Cruiser for a few hours to surprise her with a ride that is long overdue. I cannot explain how special it would make it proposing to her in a 40 that we had gotten so used to driving around each summer in MI. If anyone is either willing or knows of anyone who might be, I would appreciate it.

I will attach a few pictures of my 76 that is safely stored back home.

Nice to meet you all and looking forward to being part of the community. Also, Noah (73Guppie) thanks for all the conversation and tips on some of my projects I did while still back home.

Matt
IMG_0287.jpg
IMG_0288.jpg

Hey guys, I know it's a strange request but I just can't stress enough how special the Land Cruiser has been to both of us back home. Me being away for over a year has been difficult, but the time has come to propose. I am flexible and would really like to do it down in San Diego somewhere. Anything is appreciated, even just a few minutes to talk to someone who might have a suggestion. Thanks again for all your time and it's nice to meet you guys.

Matt

I don't have a 40 but good luck with the proposal, I am newly married and when it comes time for the wedding I can point you in the direction of good vendors at good prices. We paid for our wedding ourselves and we feel we put on a great party.

The VT plate is still on just in the front, that is where I found it. In MI only need the back plate so I leave the VT one on just to keep her true to her roots haha. Thanks for the responses guys. Tougher than I thought to find a 40 to use in a marriage proposal. Bummer

The VT plate is still on just in the front, that is where I found it. In MI only need the back plate so I leave the VT one on just to keep her true to her roots haha. Thanks for the responses guys. Tougher than I thought to find a 40 to use in a marriage proposal. Bummer

Where exactly is North of San Diego ?

I live in Murrieta/Temecula area. Looking to propose somewhere nice down in San Diego.

I live in Murrieta/Temecula area. Looking to propose somewhere nice down in San Diego.

Who would want to live up there?
Oh wait thats where I live:D

When were you wanting to pop the question - I also have a 76FJ40.

If you wanted to stay a bit north you could see the Carlsbad area then go on a hot air balloon ride in Del Mar!

Welcome :flipoff2:and good luck!

Thanks for the good idea. Looking to do it sooner than later. Gotta fly her out here in a month or 2 at the most. Would really like a Cruiser to get setup somewhere and walk by and surprise her with a ride.

Hey Matt, thats cool that you want to use a Cruiser for the big day. It looks like you have a clean stockish rig though.

Well...
Mine isn't so clean, is a little loud, you can smell the exhaust a bit, doesn't have a hard top (does have 1/2 doors and bikini top though), has difficult 5-point seat belts, and is a little awkward stepping over the roll bar getting in and out.

If you can't find a better 40 to use you are welcome to borrow mine. ... I suppose you could take it for a spin ahead of time to see if its good enough for the :princess:

Just one condition, ya' gotta bring it back. :D

I'm headed out of town with my rig April 28 - March 2nd. I don't have any plans for it other than those date, for now. I'm in San Diego, Clairmont/Mission Bay area. ....and here's a pic of the old girl, so you know what you're getting yourself into. Maybe somebody will offer up a nicer 40 for you to use.

TTYL, Brian.
my cruiser.jpg

Brian,

I appreciate the offer very much. I am in the midst of planning it out and finding the exact date. I am shooting for April 15-19th sometime. When I know more for sure I would love to contact you about it. Really appreciate the generosity.

Thanks again,

Matt

You're welcome! Glad to help.

You mentioned going for a drive with her. Have you been out to the Cabrillo National Monument at the end of Point Loma? I think its one of the most beautiful parts of San Diego. Its a nice scenic drive out there, the view is incredible, there are trails to walk on the bay side, and the ocean and tide pools on the west side.
Just and idea...
Cabrillo National Monument Park | San Diego CA

Only thing, you do drive through the Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery on the way out. Its very beautiful place, but might have the wrong "vibe" for a day like that.

So I'll keep the 40 available for you and I'll try not to break anything in the mean time :rolleyes: Like I said, you're welcome to come by and take it for a spin first, and make sure its not too much of a trail-rig for you guys.

Take care, B.

that is a very nice and clean fj40. wish i had one!

She said yes lol. Who knows what she's thinkin right? Thanks to Brian for offering his cruiser for me to use. It didn't end up working out with our schedules but it ended well nonetheless.

Look forward to meeting some of you guys down here in SoCal when I get my cruiser out here. Need to have it shipped from Michigan soon. Any suggestions on who to use and pricing is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Matt, I was discussing vehicle shipping cross country w others recently, and I would suggest you look into rail cargo. I hear it is ~$500.

Fly back and drive it here.......... as part of your honeymoon.

:hillbilly: JK- congrats- :cheers:

Thanks for the Congrats. Jerdog I will look into it. I am looking at probably shipping it out here in the next couple weeks. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom