New to me pickup. 85' with lots of wheeling parts already. pics attached. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went down on Monday and bought a really nice 85 pickup from a great family in Paso Robles, CA. Car has quite a bit done to it. And since it will be for one of my daughters (in a couple years), I have time to sort out anything that needs fixing. Though it looks as if it was well taken care of. Took the driveshafts to a shop yesterday, since the rear driveshaft was a little loose and giving me some shaking while driving down the road. But it's a keeper. Has front and rear Detroit lockers, 4.88 gears, 4.7 gears in the transfer case, 60" rear leafs, 48" front leafs, 35" BFG KM3's. Will be looking to front and rear Marlin or other bumpers and sliders along with a winch and hope to take it in August wheeling. Any suggestions on bumpers/sliders.

Pete

This adds to the 4x4 fleet at my house.

IMG_1749.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

Went down on Monday and bought a really nice 85 pickup from a great family in Paso Robles, CA. Car has quite a bit done to it. And since it will be for one of my daughters (in a couple years), I have time to sort out anything that needs fixing. Though it looks as if it was well taken care of. Took the driveshafts to a shop yesterday, since the rear driveshaft was a little loose and giving me some shaking while driving down the road. But it's a keeper. Has front and rear Detroit lockers, 4.88 gears, 4.7 gears in the transfer case, 60" rear leafs, 48" front leafs, 35" BFG KM3's. Will be looking to front and rear Marlin or other bumpers and sliders along with a winch and hope to take it in August wheeling. Any suggestions on bumpers/sliders.

Pete

This adds to the 4x4 fleet at my house.

View attachment 2366224

One of these is not like the others. It's like the Avalanche is embarrased. Oh, and cool rig!

Forgot to mention is has an 22R engine. Not the 22RE. Weird did not know they made 85's with the 22R. Anyone know about this? Different models came with the 22R vs 22RE for the 85's

Forgot to mention is has an 22R engine. Not the 22RE. Weird did not know they made 85's with the 22R. Anyone know about this? Different models came with the 22R vs 22RE for the 85's

Fuel Injection wasn't standard until later on 4x4s. 2WD trucks had it much earlier. The exact years escape me at the moment. Although you'll find that odd truck that had some weird different combination. Kind of like my February 1980 4x4 with the old-school styled letter (not block TOYOTA) stamped tailgate. So yeah, a carbureted 85 4x4 is normal.

Here ya go. Bottom line? 22R though 1988 in 4WD model years. 22R though 1995 in 2WD model years.

4WD Models.jpg

2WD Models.jpg

Rear shackle angle looks a little flat with an empty bed....

I’ve got trail gear rear bumper and sliders. Not that I’m a huge fan but it’s hard to screw up sliders lol. They were kind of tricky installing but I made my own frame plates and powder coated them. They turned out really nice and they are super affordable. I’ve came down on them a few times. Holding strong. Rear bumper is OK, gets the job done. Also very affordable

8F7CA3E9-B736-4FD7-94BF-EBCFBCF95431.jpeg

59AA6A71-20E1-4176-9320-ACEBAD61E73D.jpeg

40850DE9-7ED7-4E35-AB1D-DDC411B91790.jpeg

@Toast I think you're holding back on pics of that truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom