New to me - My new HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum and this is my first post!

This is my new 1992 HZJ73. It’s got about 235000km on it. Automatic, manual hubs and limited slip rear. No locking diffs.

I picked it up last month and plan on working on it over the winter. It needs a lot of work! My focus is getting the mechanical stuff in order: brakes, steering, exhaust and axels. I also need to do the timing belt and water pump too. It’s got rust in the fenders, rockers and rear quarters, but the frame is in great shape. I plan on working on the body sometime next year.

Here are the pics.
81A6EB11-91D8-4E64-9C75-B93C4B9BF769.jpeg

BA0CEFCD-7B11-4D4A-8156-2B8B85C60241.jpeg

Dave

Welcome to the 73s crew. Nice truck, cool color. Have fun!.
Obviously a lot of work coming up. My recommendation: Focus in having it drivable and drive it a bit at first, in order to get some fun and motivation for the bodywork out of it.
Enjoy it.
Cheers Ralf

Welcome to the 73s crew. Nice truck, cool color. Have fun!.
Obviously a lot of work coming up. My recommendation: Focus in having it drivable and drive it a bit at first, in order to get some fun and motivation for the bodywork out of it.
Enjoy it.
Cheers Ralf
Thanks Ralf

That’s my plan. I’m making a big list of parts and suppliers. It’s a bit daunting as it’s 30 years old and not sold up here in Canada. Hopefully I’ll have a tonne of parts by Christmas, so I can get the work started.

Thanks Ralf

That’s my plan. I’m making a big list of parts and suppliers. It’s a bit daunting as it’s 30 years old and not sold up here in Canada. Hopefully I’ll have a tonne of parts by Christmas, so I can get the work started.
Hello,

Nice truck.

Parts are not a problem if you know where to look.

Winter is coming. You may want to either park the truck until spring or wash the body and frame thoroughly and spray a lot of oil.

Try to work one system/part at a time. In that way the truck remains usable while you repair/restore it.

Last but not least, time is not a concern when repairing this truck. No rush, just the pace you are comfortable with.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom