New (to me) LX470 (pix) plus, what is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I went out on a limb this last weekend and picked up a 2005 LX470 w over 300k miles. Meticulous maintenance records, all kept and done at the local Lexus dealer. Seller had to get rid of it for cheap, so I couldn't help myself. We're selling our faithful 2000 Land Cruiser and ended up getting this one as a replacement. I've got five sons, three are teenagers so it's nice to have a project for them.
LX470.JPG

The beast is lifted and has Sliders, all from Slee. Due to it's use though it's got a list a mile long of things that are needed to be fixed or maintained, but at it's core it's pretty sweet.
IMG_0207.JPG

Anyway, one issue it has is the CDL switch does nothing and I'm getting a code of an open circuit on the CDL. While I was under it, I found this little guy hanging out, unplugged and free as a bird. Wondering if anyone has seen this before and if it may be a switch to the center diff. Pic taken from the passenger side, about center from front to back.
IMG_0212.JPG

Looks to be the connector for the OEM side step lights. It would make sense if you have Slee sliders on

While I was under it, I found this little guy hanging out, unplugged and free as a bird. Wondering if anyone has seen this before and if it may be a switch to the center diff. Pic taken from the passenger side, about center from front to back.
View attachment 2971917
That’s AHC electrical harness.

This is for the OEM side step courtesy light electrical harness found under the front footwell of both driver and passenger seat:
FDA2F9E6-D1F2-4F17-A996-3231049CFB53.jpeg

And then left it unpainted.
The records show that the lift and sliders were done at a local shop that specializes in Land Cruisers. What's the preferred way to mount sliders? Anything I should fix based on what you're seeing?

The records show that the lift and sliders were done at a local shop that specializes in Land Cruisers. What's the preferred way to mount sliders? Anything I should fix based on what you're seeing?
Just take a wire wheel to the welds and then prime and paint or coat in Por-15 after rust removal.

Welding is fine, it's just not the cleanest way to do it. The brackets that the "premium" vendors offer are plenty strong, just not cheap. So some folks opt to weld sliders on and some vendors offer it only in a weld-on style.

If you're going to weld, though, it should be painted afterwards to prevent it from turning into an open rust point. As @JOSHD said, brush that oxide off and hit it with some paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom