New to me: Lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BudLight? Where's the good beer?

I guess you spent all your money on your LC. Ha!
IMG_0602.jpg

Can't get over the binge drinking college days!!

:beer:

...and I have too much hillbilly in me :hillbilly:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Wish I had the money. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet rig.

8) K&N air filter upgrade

Not sure that is really an upgrade. You may want do a search on the topic. Rig is looking BA.

Shakedown with the 5.29s, ARBs, chromemoly fronts and manual hub swap!!

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

Going to add an extra 1/2" bump stop to the rear. Rubbing on the new bumper a bit.

Yez zir

It is well worth the money. Took a couple big hits on it during the trip and it didn't go anywhere. There is some weight to it. Along with the addition of 1/2" bump stops, I will probably move to Slee HD springs. There isn't any sag right now but I feel that it will perform better under load with the rear bumper and gear if I had the HD springs.

My two cents anyways.

Prolly a silly question looking at those pics, but yours has factory lockers? Aussie?

That is a sweet ride and a sweet build. I would love to see that thing sometime. Im in Centennial. I just got an LX also and will be starting to do some things soon. Awesome rig:cheers:

Yep, smooth missed the ARB reference. See that you did indeed get them. Nice!

OP, I have exact same truck (well, the one you started with). Did you do the air lockers yourself or have it done? Been debating air lockers vs tossing in a $300 Aussie Locker and callin it good... I'm getting guesstimates of $1,500+ per air locker plus labor. Sound right?

Last edited:
That truck is sexyyy. looks like it performs well too.

Yes...ARB lockers. $1500 installed per dif isn't that far off if the shop you are looking at does QUALITY work. To save some coin, pull the difs yourself and save some time on labor charges. I have been a big fan of selectable lockers from my 4Runner to FJ40 and now to the LX. Save your cash and do it right.

That is a sweet ride and a sweet build. I would love to see that thing sometime. Im in Centennial. I just got an LX also and will be starting to do some things soon. Awesome rig:cheers:

Anytime! Going out tomorrow to Moody to get derty.

how bad is the rubbing of side of rear bumper on your LX?

It isn't too bad. I took some measurements on Friday and 1/2" extra bump on the rear will cure this issue. I have nobody lift and have not trimmed a piece of body yet. Going to split a OME bump and add it to the rear.

Had to put some new tunes in! Bluetooth compatibility is niiiice for driving and talking!

2011-04-09_09-35-07_316.jpg

2011-04-09_16-05-58_206.jpg

Also removing the wood grain...need to get some goo gone for the goo

i wood tipe sumthang thaat iss moor beterr butt thuh drewel iz chortng owt mi keebord!!!!!:p

Oh, and "prolly" is not a word...:doh:

Very nice. I wonder what the original owner would think if they could see it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom